Is saving money and energy like electricity and gas a geeky/nerdy hobby?

If you use a lot of poor quality electronics and appliances like electric stoves which use a lot a power, or your home's electrical fuses are low quality, the fuses may blow more often than 2-3 times per year.

But, fuses blowing out is not as common these days unless you use too much electricity at once, or your house has an electrical power.
I see.
Well, I don't think we have cheap stuff :p
We use LG or whirlpool most of the time...as appliances should have a good life time...people won't compromise with cheap stuff here.Fuse stuff happens only during listening and such...

I see.
Well, I don't think we have cheap stuff :p
We use LG or whirlpool most of the time...as appliances should have a good life time...people won't compromise with cheap stuff here.Fuse stuff happens only during listening and such...

I mainly use a Panasonic microwave oven, and Black and Decker electric kettle. But, things like hair dryers, heaters, are home fans are usually from cheaper brands because they are not used very often.

I think most things these days have fuses to prevent electric shocks and fire. But, cheaper things like air conditioner may not have good fuses which prevent damage to the home's electrical system and other parts like a computer installed in more newer air conditioners with a wireless remote, and custom temperature schedule controls to save time and energy by having the air conditioner turn on and off on its own.

I mainly use a Panasonic microwave oven, and Black and Decker electric kettle. But, things like hair dryers, heaters, are home fans are usually from cheaper brands because they are not used very often.

I think most things these days have fuses to prevent electric shocks and fire. But, cheaper things like air conditioner may not have good fuses which prevent damage to the home's electrical system and other parts like a computer installed in more newer air conditioners with a wireless remote, and custom temperature schedule controls to save time and energy by having the air conditioner turn on and off on its own.
My mom doesn't like cheap stuff at all. She believes that they would eventually make you spend more in The form of repairs and such....

My mom doesn't like cheap stuff at all. She believes that they would eventually make you spend more in The form of repairs and such....

This can be true that cheap stuff may make you spend more on repairs.

But, some of the more expensive electronics can be poor quality, Expensive electronics just look good, and have a lot of fancy features like a touchscreen computer, voice controls, and wireless remote control which are not as important for electronics like a desktop home cooling fan.

Expensive electronics may use the same types of wires, and electronic parts found on cheap electronics. Sometimes electronic buyers are unlucky, and end up buying a electronic like a defective smartphone or laptop with a broken battery which explode, catch on fire, and overheat according to news stories on news websites.

This can be true that cheap stuff may make you spend more on repairs.

But, some of the more expensive electronics can be poor quality, Expensive electronics just look good, and have a lot of fancy features like a touchscreen computer, voice controls, and wireless remote control which are not as important for electronics like a desktop home cooling fan.

Expensive electronics may use the same types of wires, and electronic parts found on cheap electronics. Sometimes electronic buyers are unlucky, and end up buying a electronic like a defective smartphone or laptop with a broken battery which explode, catch on fire, and overheat according to news stories on news websites.
Getting a defective product from a reputable company is kinda rare. I like the stuff that I use...so, I want lasting products...that is also the reason why I got for branded products to be honest.

That's actually a practical thing to do and something we should all be doing to conserve power.

Getting a defective product from a reputable company is kinda rare. I like the stuff that I use...so, I want lasting products...that is also the reason why I got for branded products to be honest.

This is true branded products are less likely to get defective items.

On rare occasions, design defects don't show up until owners use an electronic device for many months or years later like how some cars made by Toyota had a reputation of suddenly speeding out of control because of a problem with the software in the car's gas pedal software, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7's battery had a greater chance of exploding, and the bigger white version of the Xbox 360 game consoles overheated and broke after a few months, and years.

Back