Is the built-in 32GB storage drive on cheaper laptops good for installing games?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think 32GB storage drives on cheaper laptops like the HP stream are okay for installing smaller games which are a few hundred MB or less in file size, or one or two bigger size games.

The 32GB drive on newer cheap laptops are SSD and flash memory chips, so the read and write times are usually faster than a hard drive, so the games installed on the 32GB SSD or flash memory chip should load faster than loading a game from a hard drive

Nope I don't think so, 32 GB for me is only for documents and videos. I don't think that is enough considering good games are 30+ GB above, but games like Stardew Valley will have no problems, cus they don't eat much space yet the game is fun.

Nope I don't think so, 32 GB for me is only for documents and videos. I don't think that is enough considering good games are 30+ GB above, but games like Stardew Valley will have no problems, cus they don't eat much space yet the game is fun.

There are still a few good newer games which are under 30GB in size.

Fortnite requires 16GB of space as the minimum storage space requirement according to System requirements of Fortnite: Battle Royale - Fortnite: Battle Royale Game Guide

League of Legends storage requirement is 8 GB of space according to Minimum and Recommended System Requirements

Rocket League requires 7GB of storage space according to Rocket League® on Steam

I think there are still a many good PC games which are under 30 GB in size because a lot of people still have slow internet connections, so downloading huge game files would take too long, or is not possible if their internet service provider has a bandwidth limit where you can only download 30GB of files per month. There are also many people with hard drives, and SSD flash memory drives with less storage space.

Back