• No, we'll get Pokemon X and Y version 2

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • No, we'll only get two games in gen 6

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No, a Ruby and Sapphire remake will happen instead

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
I don't want a Z. Just move on.

I hope they just make X and Y and move on. It doesn't need a 3rd of the same game like Emerald and Platinum.

You mean Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Leafgreen, and Platinum? Yeah, that never happens.

Since this is based on DNA and chromosomes, it should be version XY or a sequel.

Oh yeah I forgot about Yellow and Crystal. Leaf Green is pretty much the remake of Blue.

Still though they're all the same game with little of no change. Besides Yellow. Yellow is the only that has anything different out of Red/Blue/Yellow. In Crystal you can play as a girl, in Emerald you get Rayquaza, and in Platinum you get that one Pokemon, Garintina. Other than the legendaries you get, the game isn't much different than that.

They may be the same game (meaning the same region and similar if not the same stories), but there are a lot more differences than you think. Yellow may be the only one which has a lot of notable changes, but the other ones do too. Crystal has the Battle Tower and more music tracks (like the legendary beasts battle theme). Emerald introduced the battle frontier, battle tents, has a different PokéNav, includes both Team Aqua and Magma and Mystergy Gift. In Platinum more pokemon were obtainable (like the legendary birds of Kanto and the different forms of Rotum). On top of all this, the third game fixes glitches, changes sprites and locations, allows you to catch more legendaries and they have different Pokémon avaliable. They aren't exactly the same (just look at Bulbapedia for all the differences!) and that's why I was upset that we didn't get Pokémon Grey. They are improved versions of the others, which is why I will be waiting for Z version to add to my collection of Yellow, Emerald and Platinum. The third one is always the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think that Gen 6 or any other future games will allow the player to travel between regions? They hinted at something in Gen 5 but... it almost seems too good to be true.

I bet Pokemon Z would be a broken up Dragon.

I was thinking some snake would be the Z Pokemon.

I hope they just make X and Y and move on. It doesn't need a 3rd of the same game like Emerald and Platinum.

You mean Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Leafgreen, and Platinum? Yeah, that never happens.

Since this is based on DNA and chromosomes, it should be version XY or a sequel.

Oh yeah I forgot about Yellow and Crystal. Leaf Green is pretty much the remake of Blue.

Still though they're all the same game with little of no change. Besides Yellow. Yellow is the only that has anything different out of Red/Blue/Yellow. In Crystal you can play as a girl, in Emerald you get Rayquaza, and in Platinum you get that one Pokemon, Garintina. Other than the legendaries you get, the game isn't much different than that.

They may be the same game (meaning the same region and similar if not the same stories), but there are a lot more differences than you think. Yellow may be the only one which has a lot of notable changes, but the other ones do too. Crystal has the Battle Tower and more music tracks (like the legendary beasts battle theme). Emerald introduced the battle frontier, battle tents, has a different PokéNav, includes both Team Aqua and Magma and Mystergy Gift. In Platinum more pokemon were obtainable (like the legendary birds of Kanto and the different forms of Rotum). On top of all this, the third game fixes glitches, changes sprites and locations, allows you to catch more legendaries and they have different Pokémon avaliable. They aren't exactly the same (just look at Bulbapedia for all the differences!) and that's why I was upset that we didn't get Pokémon Grey. They are improved versions of the others, which is why I will be waiting for Z version to add to my collection of Yellow, Emerald and Platinum. The third one is always the best.

Thank you for pointing that out. If they were to make Pokemon Z Version it would be much like how Pokemon Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were: Extra goodies, bug fixes, etc. It would practically be the same as X and Y, yet it would have additional content, as all 3rd games do. Also, since X and Y have legendary Pokemon shaped like the letters, Z would have the same, and since the legendary of X (Xerneas) is based on a land-based animal (Deer) and the legendary of Y (Yvelta) is based off a sky-based animal (Albatross), the Z legendary would have to be based on a sea-based creature and a name that started with Z, and of course take a Z shape. If Pokemon Z is to come into existence, why don't we guess what animal it would be based on? Also, if generation 3 is remade, I would love to see the edits they made, and even what they would name them! Storm Sapphire? That is for nintendo to decide.

since x and y are based on the axis ised by a 3ds i wouldnt be suprised if there was a z later on in tje series

I wouldn't mind there being a Pokemon Z.What I really want is a R/S remake with the 3D world.That would be awesome

leaf green is more update version of Pokemon green or blue because its accepts Pokemon from emerald, ruby & sapphire and features pokemon from gold and silver and bonus mewtwo Pokemon which was only available to the pokemon stadium 1 in generation 1 to catch and transfer mewtwo to your collection on pokemon blue or red or green

To be honest, I have a huge feeling that a Pokemon Z will happen. From thinking about that, I'll probably have to wait several months before I even get X or Y. I'm not about to spend $80 on X (the one im getting) and Z. I'd rather have Z just so I can keep it all in one cartridge.

I wish I could vote twice because I think they will make a R/S/E Sequel. They did it for Kanto and Johto, didn't they? I hope I can migrate my (not yet Emerald cloned) Pokemon from Colleseum or XD to Sapphire (Red and Blue's birthstone) to Diamond or Heartgold to White to X (I choose X because my friend likes Y and its legendary better.

since x and y are based on the axis ised by a 3ds i wouldnt be suprised if there was a z later on in tje series

I believed they are based off of chromosomes.

We can't say for sure it's based on DNA and chromosomes. This is only a theory to my knowledge. X and Y could also be a play on the Axis of the 3D spectrum, thus XYZ. However, that's a flip theory and one I don't support or believe to be true. I merely offer it for consideration.

In other news, I think / they stop at just the two games for a little while. BW2 taught me that they came up with some crazy crap that made you work months at the game just to eat through all the additional content. I hope they focus more on making the games very solid rather than mass producing the same thing over and over again. I also don't buy the whole "Ruby Sapphire need remakes" trend. People don't entirely realize that the Fire Red and Leaf Green additions had more to do with creating a venue to complete the pokedex and less to do with allowing people to revisit the Kanto games. Heart Gold and Soul Silver servered similar purpose and also allowed Game Freak to experiment with updating it's game mechanics.

Interesting that this topic was started back in February and it saw the light of day again.
While i agree with you, a Z version is an excuse to add previous generations of pokemon. I can also just argue with myself and say that I think the pokemon cloud service will bridge the pokedex gap.

But will there be more mega evolutions to add?

That requires patch information which can break game compadability... A Z version would most likely introduce it.

Back