Just bought some new PC components

Coolness! It's pre-built, but especially made for gaming. Honestly, I'd like to just bump it up to 32GB ram and there ya go!
Still. Monitoring the CPU Temp during play is still a good thing to do. While the custom heatsink may be good enough it's only equipped with one fan on the side and one pc case fan at the back, Good Cpu cooler usually has two heat sink towers with 2 fans at the very least.

Played MWII for quite a bit just now, with all settings on high. One of the CPU cores peaked at 89c, but it never went over that, and most cores stayed around 65-80c. GPU stayed around 75c. :grin:

Reactions: cm2
Not sure if it's in your budget, but I heard moving to Antartica and playing outside will help keep temperatures down. You might die but your CPU will live on, forever.

Not sure if it's in your budget, but I heard moving to Antartica and playing outside will help keep temperatures down. You might die but your CPU will live on, forever.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Battlefield 2042 pushed it up to 96C. :surpise:

Just bought a Samsung 990 Pro PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB SSD With Heatsink.
iS6tRL0.jpg

Just bought a Samsung 990 Pro PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB SSD With Heatsink.
iS6tRL0.jpg

Nice!

I like the look of the black and red heatsink on the SSD. 2TB is a nice amount of space for storing many games and programs.

It is impressive that your SSD has a read speed of 7450MB/s.

Nice!

I like the look of the black and red heatsink on the SSD. 2TB is a nice amount of space for storing many games and programs.

It is impressive that your SSD has a read speed of 7450MB/s.
Indeed! I decided to get one because SSD prices are going up in 2024 from stuff I read. And The black Friday deal stuff made the price excellent on amazon.

The SSD is also the official Tifa PLOT II SSD lol

The Tifa PLOT II SSD's supposed to go with my new PC that I posted before on this thread that's still waiting for the RTX 5080/RTX 5070, but I decided to give the SSD a run anyway lol. And speed is indeed +-7450 MB/s ,450 MB faster read speed than my current ssd and it runs cool because of Tifa's PLOT lol. I was afraid of the heat because it's practically very near to the speed limit of PCIe 4 x4 but it runs cool as advertised So that's great!

I just got this: Amazon.com It was less than $200 when I bought it. Couldn't pass it up! I had tried a Samsung 980 Pro, but had problems migrating to it. My existing NVMe system drive is an HP and so the new one migrated perfectly. Love it1!

I just got this: Amazon.com It was less than $200 when I bought it. Couldn't pass it up! I had tried a Samsung 980 Pro, but had problems migrating to it. My existing NVMe system drive is an HP and so the new one migrated perfectly. Love it1!
It's a good ssd.

Is it for your current HP Envy TE02-0042 that you posted before?
Are they hard to swap out? It's an LGA 1700 Socket V (on a pre-built HP Envy TE02-0042, 2022 model).

I checked on HP website months back when you posted it, the M.2 Nvme slots for it are PCIe Gen 3.0 x4
  • Two M.2 socket 3, Key M (one for SSD card PCIe Gen 3.0 x4)

HP Envy TE02-0042 motherboard specs:

If that's the case then the slots won't take advantage of the WD Black SN850X ssd that you bought, the speed will be capped at around 3,500 MB/s. Best ssd for PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 is the Samsung 970 Pro or similar model. But SSDs can easily be used on a newer pc years later so it's still a good investment, given the price hike that's going or suppose to happen in 2024.

Last edited:
It's a good ssd.

Is it for your current HP Envy TE02-0042 that you posted before?

I checked on HP website months back when you posted it, the M.2 Nvme slots for it are PCIe Gen 3.0 x4
  • Two M.2 socket 3, Key M (one for SSD card PCIe Gen 3.0 x4)

HP Envy TE02-0042 motherboard specs:

If that's the case then the slots won't take advantage of the WD Black SN850X ssd that you bought, the speed will be capped at around 3,500 MB/s. Best ssd for PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 is the Samsung 970 Pro or similar model. But SSDs can easily be used on a newer pc years later so it's still a good investment, given the price hike that's going or suppose to happen in 2024.
I ran a diagnostic software and it showed below. Since upgrading from the stock NVMe to the SN850X, I've noticed a pretty big performance increase:

Desktop Screenshot 2023.11.25 - 16.02.23.47.jpg

I ran a diagnostic software and it showed below. Since upgrading from the stock NVMe to the SN850X, I've noticed a pretty big performance increase:

View attachment 4266
That's mainly for the GPU. Either way even it's a PCie Gen 3 slot for the gen 4 ssd You'll still see a good performance increase from stock ssd, it's just not the full potential of the PCIe gen 4 x 4 ssd.

That's mainly for the GPU. Either way even it's a PCie Gen 3 slot for the gen 4 ssd You'll still see a good performance increase from stock ssd, it's just not the full potential of the PCIe gen 4 x 4 ssd.
Cool, thanks for the info! Overall, I love the new PC.! I put in all new fans (including a 120mm fourth on the top underside that blows at 2000rpm onto the CPU heatsink), and 32GB of Crucial Pro non-LPX RAM that runs at 3200mhz. I also pulled off the front of the case so the 120mm intake is fully exposed. Temps don't go much over 70c (if at all) now with any game and graphics and FPS maxed out. Here's a pic of my setup:

DSC00876.JPG

Niice, Game On!

Niice, Game On!
Been playing COD Modern Warfare 2, and Battlefield 2042 almost exclusively. But I also have Cyberpunk 2077, and haven't played it yet! Might need to check that out!!

Back