Kid Icarus Tips and Tricks

Johnwaluigi

Demon Lord
Awards
Credits
Tip 1: To quote Viridi, 'Don't get hurt and you won't die.' Simple, but very much undervalued advice.
wink.gif

Tip 2: Know your weapon's strengths and weaknesses. Not just the weapon class, but your weapon specifically. Idol descriptions can be very useful when doing this, as the information provided by the 'Gear' screen is quite sparse.
Tip 3: Use your Powers wisely. There is absolutely no point in having a 'Quick Charge' power if your weapon charges very quickly. Likewise, no point in using a homing boost if your weapon has top homing ability. An example would be applying the powers:
Bumblebee, Counter, Transparency, Playing Dead and Super Speed for a Claw weapon. There are many other possibilities as well, but this is one of the best for claws.

That's all I've time for now, unfortunately. Any other tips? Post them here!

To get more hearts,use a level 4 Heart Booster on Souflees. About 500-1500,depending on if your weapon has +Heart Bonus and how much (+1,+2,+3)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice advice
smile.gif
, When i ever I start a Dark vs Light match I fire a Mega Lazer power at the other team since thier bunched together at the start.
This is also straight foward but always go for the other team's angel once they spawn, because wasting your time with the other normal players could cost you the match.
biggrin.gif
(again something everyone knows)

Oh and Ghirahim > Deminse, love ur signature
biggrin.gif

-If your on any level have maga laser level 4 (can fire 4 in a single life) in case you become pit/dark pit. That way if your low on health you can hide and still fight.
-Keep a jump glide if your on the light team for there are two maps where you spawn in a higher elevation than the dark team. You can use it to quickly go past them and sneak attack the dark team. (also perfect when traversing rail canyon from the middle platform)
-A rocket jump is useful if your cornered. Start dashing and instantly use it if your about to be attacked.
-Despite what all staffs are like, the ancient staff is actually useful for close range but the continuous shots travel farther than the charged shots so look over the shot range very throughly before you choose it.
-Try to maintain a blanance between weapon strength. If you use a strong weapon, You might take out the other team faster but the team health will decrase much more. If you use a weak weapon, there will be little decrease in the team health when your defeated but might make you get defeated more. Balance is crucial.

I like your choice of powers for the claws, but I also think that warp and or random.
Using random before your dead and cornered because you can get any power like spite so it works well.
Warp is good for angels.

Try to have a weapon with a running speed/speed modifier for it is useful if you have to run away. If you use this right you may of great use in light v dark matches.
If your an angel. Try starting with autoreticle and mega laser as it has a great chance of hitting an enemy.

Hey everyone! It's a great day because me, the Claw Master, will give you some tips of claws.
Now first of all, let's name my 3 favourite claws.
- Beam Claws: These are great for sniping considering little to no homing in any long-ranged attacks.
-Pandora Claws: These are great for cornered situations; simply use a charged back dash attack.
-Brawler Claws: Considering these have a speed boost, try not to get -1 or lower speed.

Now it is time for some recommended powers for claws.
-Warp: Good with Pandora Claws. Use charged back dash attacks, then warp away.
-Spite: Good if your low in health, good for Brawler Claws with the increased speed.
Yes, only 2 but post your ideas in the the comments.

A good boost for Claws is speed. I have Speed +4 on my Beam Claws
Also Walking Speed.

Thanks for reading this short guide for Claws from the now known Claw Master!

How the hell do you snipe with claws? They are not long ranged. o_O
I think me means that beam claws have a pretty long range for claws and the damage dealt is kind of like rapid fire so it's kind of like sniping.
-If you want super quick melee attacks and have attacks unseen stealth claws your friend.
-Claws with high speed/running speed modifiers is a somewhat good idea for you can attack and run and also escape if you have low health.

I think me means that beam claws have a pretty long range for claws and the damage dealt is kind of like rapid fire so it's kind of like sniping.
-If you want super quick melee attacks and have attacks unseen stealth claws your friend.
-Claws with high speed/running speed modifiers is a somewhat good idea for you can attack and run and also escape if you have low health.
Ok yes, thank you Game Expert for that brief explanation of what I was getting at and when I say sniping I mean precision targeting since Beam Claws have little to no homing abilities and the range is ok too.
Thank you for your concern and correction guys it made me open my eyes a little more.

-Claw Master out.

A suggestion for Solo Treasure Hunts.

Brawler Claws,as we all know,are the only weapon that make you move the fastest. So,if you can find one with a good +Speed,and seeing the speed IT has aswell,you can do good speedruns/Treasure Hunts (beat this chapter in this set of minutes).

My name online Kid Icarus is David, and I use Pandora claws. what I do is I use superspeed, then i use transparency, to sneak up behind you and destroy. oh crap i gave away my tactic

My name online Kid Icarus is David, and I use Pandora claws. what I do is I use superspeed, then i use transparency, to sneak up behind you and destroy. oh crap i gave away my tactic

I have an ok idea that would work if you are caught in melee or homing:
Warp away.
This works well on bigger maps.

I am Bartzy and I am a trained Pandora Claw user.
the secret to my success with Claws is under here:
The secret for Claws includes 3 things; -Good Modifiers -Strong Melee -Precision Aiming, Timing and Balance.

Ok yes, thank you Game Expert for that brief explanation of what I was getting at and when I say sniping I mean precision targeting since Beam Claws have little to no homing abilities and the range is ok too.
Thank you for your concern and correction guys it made me open my eyes a little more.

-Claw Master out.
Well there is a reason I have this username. It isn't just for show.

Try to have a weapon with a running speed/speed modifier for it is useful if you have to run away. If you use this right you may of great use in light v dark matches.
If your an angel. Try starting with autoreticle and mega laser as it has a great chance of hitting an enemy.
Do not follow the claw/speed advice, as I rape people who run away from me very easily with long ranged weapons like bows.
Also: you can lose up to 20 damage points if you don't hit in your required weapon range.
Palms should be use middle range for maximum damage, while bows have to be used far away to deal the most damage.

alright! this may NOT have anything to do with the forum... but i gotta ask!

do you play online a lot? and if you do, then have you ever faced a player named Pandora?! cuz if you do... I AM HER! and man you do kill me a lot XD... but HEY don't underestimate me! i'm pretty snazzy with the pandora claws. (come on its in my name!) and your calling yourself the claw master, right well mr. claw master i got a couple words for you...

i wanna challenge you!

BUT IN A FRIENDLY WAY! if i sound kinda mean i dont mean to :squint: i just get pretty competitive. soooooooooooooooo i actually made this file just so i can tell you this. SO YOU BETTER REPLY!
biggrin.gif
any way david (you.... right?) your like a known enemy to meh! i dont have absolute great memory but i know that i encountered you at least more then once. (i just finished a game against you in D vs. W.... that is IF your the guy im talkin about.) you say you use the pandora claws (like me) well... imma justa asking... do you have petrification? cause you like waited me to walk through the door frame and shot me so i turn to stone... then.... you killed me
Shocked.png
anyway! i ALSO have petrification (thats why im asking) oh and i was too lazy to check your pandora claws soooo can you tell what level it is? well since im asking your weapon i'll tell you mine.

pandora claws - 278

health +1
petrification +4
shot homing +1
walking speed +1
standing charged shot +3
knockback recovery +1

autoreticle lv. 1
energy charge lv. 4
tireless lv. 1
bumblebee lv. 3

if i am not using my claws im probably using my scorpio staff (i know a total opposite from the claws) which is 268.

i dont like using high value weapons cuz i usually play team match so i dont bother trying to make a SUPER HIGH VALUE WEAPON.

if you know whats your highest score on D vs. L, then tell me. mine is around 2800, i think the highest amount of kills i got in one match is about 10? 12? around that number.

oh and one more thing! luv ta bee ya friend! so add me
biggrin.gif

<3 <3 <3

Post any tricks you know here.
Here's one:
Chapter: 4
Place: Clubberskull Pit
Info: Shoot the Clubberskull and let it free. Then, use the jump pad and wait there. Now you can shoot the Clubberskull without taking damage. You might have to move around the hole in the floor to get a clear shot.

Isn't there already a topic like this? With a similiar name and a similiar trick?

Back