Kid Icarus Tips and Tricks

You can jump onto certain areas that aren't supposed to be accessible. Example:) The rocks in the spiral castle stage.

Here's one: Instead of running and using jump glide or something, stand still and dash. Then, in mid-dash, use the power. If timed correctly, you'll go much farther.

Pick a weapon that boasts the attribute you want to have. For Example, if you want good melee, don't pick a flintlock staff. Also, try to get something like melee combo +4 or something.

My new online name is DAVE
I have over 6000 kills online, and I am caught using a lazer staff, predator cannon and pandora claws

The Gold Laurel on solo chapters means you've opened every intensity gate. There's a 8.0 intensity gate on chapter 5 you might've never seen. I should go back there sometime.

Arms are good at melee only and have decent speeds

Clubs are slow but powerful and charged shots vary in range and rapid fire is close range

Blades are balanced but damages may vary based on the range like other weapons

Staffs are great at long range without homing and lack good melee.

Bows are great at long range homing that's shorter than staffs and have decent melee

Orbitars are great at homing and damage but with poor melee and range

Cannons are slow but their explosive shots vary in speeds and have so-so melee

Palms are much like blades with better homing but a little weaker

Claws are fast and well rounded but with a little bit lower defense

Most of this you know more about certain weapons than I do. The Magnus Club has the shortest range and the Upperdash Arm does the most damage when it comes to melee dash attacks. Max Stars on a weapon does 3 times more damage than its 100 value versions. I encourage you to know each weapon and not travel in packs on LvD matches because some clubs or cannons will get you. :banghead: :banana: :yoshi:

Not sure if this ones been mentioned(If it was, I'm sorry):

Always keep sky/rocket jump because it comes in handy a lot. It allows some useful shortcuts and can make it easier to reach treasure chests(I remember using sky jump after dashing to reach a treasure chest in Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit(Chapter 5)).

In online mode it's useful too. While you're being chased you can jump up a ledge which the other person might not be able to get up, making it easier for you to get away. Also when you're about to be fired at you can jump and avoid being attacked.

(I also used sky jump in an online map to get over a small "wall" and it gave me time to run away from the other player.)

One more tip:(I know its obvious)

Use a weapon that you like and suits your style of battle. Use a staff or bow for ranged fighters and a club, arm, blade, etc for close quarters combat.

I hope this stuff helped.

Back