Kids These Days!

RedCarpetSugar

Gaming Historian
Full GL Member
Credits
Anyone under the age of 21, I have a message for you:

You're a fucking douche-bag!

I've had just about enough of these stories of kids killing themselves because of bullying! I mean seriously...what the fuck?! Are you enough of a conceited and egotistical waste of sperm and egg as to drag down another member of the human race for petty reasons?

Fuck. You.

I'm being dead serious here, I've have had to deal with this too many now!!!

Two examples:

A close friend of mine, who's usually up-beat and personable, was crying--outright sobbing, actually--because some random jerk-ass finally pushed her to the edge after years of torment; she actually was contemplating dropping out because of this! (Her GPA is a 3.9, by the way...)

A different friend (who's not 100% stable to begin with, but she's like a sister to me) got into a relationship with a (now ex-) friend of mine... And it didn't end well. I had been trying to break them up for weeks now (succeeded, actually)... The thing that really got under my skin was that he was causing so much stress (long story short, he was a dick) that she'd started cutting again and took a whole smorgasbord of pills... Leaving me paranoid as to whether she was going to wake up the next morning or not (she did, thankfully and as of this writing we're working on getting this relationship ended officially...)

And I need to speak for those who have been silenced by bullies. Those who have been pressed, those who's ends were brought upon by their own hand...They're sorely missed by their friends, family, colleagues, everyone all because someone was intolerant or insecure.... Someone who couldn't move past themselves or their problems and dumped it on someone else in the form of jests and jabs...

And that pisses. Me. The. Fuck. Off.

Be honest: you know someone who's different for some reason and gets picked on for it... Be there for them. Be their shoulder to cry on. Text, call, email...be there. That's all I fucking ask...

Remember, if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem!

Love,

Clay (RedCarpetSugar)

...and while we're on the topic, Foamy has something to say about this too....

Indeed, I wish kids and young adults who are bullied can find positive ways to deal with their problems with music, art, acting, writing, etc.

For example, Taylor Swift who was unpopular in her middle school days used Music to write about her bad experience, and wrote a song called "Mean" to share her experience with her fans, and how she over came bullying, and never gave up on a dream.

Well sir, to your douchebag comment, all I have to say is you are a douche. /sarcasm I am 15, and I literally am nothing like that. And you have to put yourself in their shoes; how do you think they feel being treated like shit all the time by their peers? If not accepted now, they will not be accepted as adults because they will feel different, and isolate themselves. Bullying is a serious issue. I see it at my school, and it annoys me because those fucking jocks think they are the shit and think they can insult whoever the fuck they want because they are "kings".

BTW, DS, Skeith, is 20.

Well sir, to your douchebag comment, all I have to say is you are a douche. /sarcasm I am 15, and I literally am nothing like that. And you have to put yourself in their shoes; how do you think they feel being treated like shit all the time by their peers? If not accepted now, they will not be accepted as adults because they will feel different, and isolate themselves. Bullying is a serious issue. I see it at my school, and it annoys me because those fucking jocks think they are the shit and think they can insult whoever the fuck they want because they are "kings".

BTW, DS, Skeith, is 20.

I know what its like on the other side, I was bullied for a long time...and it hurt, a lot. Hell, I still get bullied still for somethings (like my sexuality).

But I stood up for myself, and not everyone is able to do that...That's part of the reason I wrote this rant.

yeah, not a douche bag, but a lot of my generation are so yeah.

anyway, story time.

I was at work one day, taking out some trash and by the garbage dumpsters (which is next to a convince store) and there were two middle/high school kids sitting there. as I went past them for the dumpsters and walk past them to go back inside they called out to me and called me bitch. Of course I wanted to turn around and say 'what you say motherfuckers?!' but I ignored them and went back to work.

Moral of the story, be glad you kids that the law protects you. Otherwise I be beating you asses black and blue. Even if they beat me down I would only get up to bust their balls with the nearest thing I could grab.

Be glad, because I know a lot of kids who should get their asses beat to get the lesson of learning some respect through them.

High schoolers are douchers in general, but not because they are GETTING bullied.

High schoolers are douchers in general, but not because they are GETTING bullied.
That's not what I'm necessarily saying...some kids bully to strike back and become what they hate....

Other kids bully to make up for their own insecurities, shitty home lives, etc.

But, I'm not making excuses here!

You shouldn't call the people that get insulted douches though. And a lot of the bullies at my school are just people who think they are the shit.

You made it sound like the weaker of the two is a douche for not sticking up for themselves.

And school shootings are usually by kids that are not all up there. Columbine and Virginia Tech only come to mind at the moment, but both the kids from Columbine and the adult from Virginia Tech killed themselves after.

Attack of the rant. But on a more serious note. I used to be bullied quite a bit. But honestly, while bullying is wrong. The people that get bullied take the wrong action on it, with the thought of "Oh, I'll kill myself, that'll show them." It's just wrong, either grow up and deal with it, or do what I did and kick their asses. There is no reason you should kill yourself over the actions of some other person. And, for anyone that says that Clay isn't a douche, I know him in real life. He's a douche. He learned it from me.

I don't get bullied, nor have I ever other than 7th grade, and I just ignored the douche anyway.

Attack of the rant. But on a more serious note. I used to be bullied quite a bit. But honestly, while bullying is wrong. The people that get bullied take the wrong action on it, with the thought of "Oh, I'll kill myself, that'll show them." It's just wrong, either grow up and deal with it, or do what I did and kick their asses. There is no reason you should kill yourself over the actions of some other person. And, for anyone that says that Clay isn't a douche, I know him in real life. He's a douche. He learned it from me.

No I'm not!

I used to get bullied. It stopped after I fought back and sent mine to the emergency room with blood soaked clothes, several contusions, broken teeth and broken bones, 42 stitches in his face and scalp from me beating his face to a pulp with a brick and a concussion. His mother sent him to live with his family in the South because someone told her that it was a gang initiation gone wrong. He had previously been in similar trouble, and that was why they ended up moving to my neighborhood.

In all honesty, I just snapped, I had to put up with his bullshit in school, and I never fought back because I didn't want to get into trouble, and so, when he tried to start with me out side of school, that was when all bets were off. When he saw me during the Summer break, he decided to start with me, and figured that he had the "protection" of his friends. When he tripped me, and caused me to bust my lip, and picked up a brick, and cold cocked him with a brick, breaking his nose and causing his blood to splatter. His friends ran and I just wailed on him with that brick until it broke and my uncle pulled me off of him.

I was left alone after that, and ended up with a reputation of being homicidal and insane and the only bullies I had to fight from then on were my brother's and they were about my age..

But these days, fighting back wouldn't end the bullying, it just might get you killed, especially if the bully, decides to settle the score with a gun, like they do now.

You are in college.

Tyler Clementi was a college freshman when he was bullied by other students for being gay and was even recorded by his roomate while having sex with his partner. He committed suicide.

Bullying doesn't stop at college, for some, college is just the beginning as often enough, the reputation a person had in college, will follow them throughout their adult lives.

I heard about that story, and I meant why DS wasn't getting bullied. College bullying is very common, it's usually because someone is gay.

But these days, fighting back wouldn't end the bullying, it just might get you killed, especially if the bully, decides to settle the score with a gun, like they do now.

Which is unfortunate...people are honor-less cowards who solve problems with firepower (like the government but that's a different rant)....

Glad you stood up for yourself Black Angel!

Back