Laytonesque doodlies

Ittermat

Layton's apprentice
Awards
Credits
lol Just some attempts to draw layton..and layton type stuff...I never drew him before..and the art style is pretty strange. but awesome. I cant live up to that. hehe. so I just did it for fun and practice. My only references were the instruction booklet.. or no references XD

Drawn by me- no stealies!

Layton © Level 5

EDIT: (02-15-2012) CATNIP LAYTON- someone should keep it away from him XD just a quick doodle- he only wants snuggles <3
cat_layton_and_the_catnip_by_faeriekeeper-d4p5uid.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EDIT:(01-20-2012) New pic XD EXPLOSION!! I suck at Explosions XD

_jump_luke__by_faeriekeeper-d4n0ep3.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------
First some none coloredness- drawn at 4am...Had to take photos cuz my scanner would have taken forever to scan them....
Has anyone ever noticed that theres no real sideviews of layton?.....I totally had to guess there..

laytonesque_1d_by_faeriekeeper-d4m48t0.png

more non colored sketcheyness (Colored versions below though)
_a_true_gentleman__sketch_by_faeriekeeper-d4mdhnb.jpg

Now for some colored ones~

First we have a few of the original doodles- outlined and then colored in with my dying crayola markers..I think I did okay. I like them.

laytonesque_1c_by_faeriekeeper-d4m7tf2.png

And now probably my favorite one so far-
Cat layton sleeping on a couch-

_a_true_gentleman_____by_faeriekeeper-d4mg1gx.jpg

Silly Cat layton- A true gentleman does not shed on the couch..

tee hee!

hope you enjoyed them! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Double post- sorry- Just updating the thread cuz I added another Drawing~ figured Itd be better to keep them in one than make tons of posts.

Holy why didn't this thread get any other posts? I know good art when I see it, and that art is exceptional. To everyone who viewed but didn't post: How could you? This is some of the best art I've seen all year. Shame on all of you.

But yeah, this is really good art. You might actually want to consider being an artist one day
biggrin.gif

0__o;;; thanks

^////^;; I would love to be an artist one day- Its one thing I'd LOVE to do. But I just draw for fun- Im used to people not really saying much about my drawings or anything- and it definately wont stop me from doing what I enjoy ^__^

But thanks for taking the time to look at them and enjoy them. <3<3<3<3<3<3

Thankies <3
I love Phoenix wright- unfortunately I've only played and beaten the first game- but Im so excited for the layton/wright crossover game... it WILL BE MINE! BWAHAHAHA

Honestly I already see you as an artist. From what I've seen both here and on Swapnote (sorry I haven't been able to respond much, been busy with everything lately, hehe), I'd like to thank you for sharing your work. It's always nice to see talent such as yours, especially since the most important thing is that you do it because you have a love for it. I myself enjoy drawing as a hobby and only hope I can incorporate that with my future career. I can see you doing the same. So in other words, keep at it girl, you have my support!

They're awesome!! I love the Layton games, and this art really does them justice. Fantastic!!

Thank you Arpegius~ Im glad you enjoy all my lil doodley swap notes- its okay if you dont reply- I just hope Im not spamming you on an annoying level. since thats the last thing I want to do x.x. I love drawing and doodling~ Its way too fun. haha.

Also- Soul eater Ftw- Stein and Death the kid are my favs.

and johnwaluigi- thank you very much- I certainly tried to do the games justice- I wasnt sure if I pulled it off- thanks for telling me I did <3

It's all good. You're not spamming at all. But yes, Soul Eater for the freakin' win!

Looks awesome, even though I don't play Layton games. What program did you use for the first and last image?

Btw, does the name Bittermeat tell you anything?

I used Open canvas 4.5. I dont have anything better than that XD and my netbook cant handle anything anymore graphic intensive either.

No bittermeat doesnt say anything to me..

Thanks ^^

Wow, These are great. You aren't in any art fields? Wow, you definitely have the drawing skill. I'm actually in college for Graphic Design myself.The fact that you can color too is awesome. Thumbs up from, Porkman.

Oooh thanks! coming from an actual college student I feel honored that you like my artwork!

Im a self taught artist XD I even failed Art class in highschool.

Colorings my favorite part ^_~

I always preferred drawing and shading myself...
But then again, I never really knew how to handle colours anyway. I always admire a person who can handle colours well...
By the way, your explosion looks quite similair to the dust cloud the tower creates when it falls in the Curious Village...

Does it look like that? Hmm...I didnt really look at anything for the explosion- I just added colors to try to make it look like an explosion and alot of smoke. haha.

I like playing around with colors and shading and different techniques- please dont take this as me bragging as I dont mean it in that way at all- but I can use pencil, and I can greyscale color- I can use paints- and mostly whatever I have nearby I can use it to make something decent- I especially love using crayons. I had to use miniscule supplies because I didnt have anything great- usually just the cheap markers from the dollar store, some pencils and some crayons.

I have more supplies now of course (My most expensive and best ones are my prisma markers my grandfather bought me) but I dont think I've forgotten my roots.

^__^

Back