froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
We got a chance to get our hands on Lenovo's new early prototype foldable PC. This device has some familiar features like an OLED screen and Bluetooth keyboard, but unlike other 2-in-1 laptops, the entire device can fold in half. This let's it fold up to around the size of a paper notebook for easy transport, or even let's you turn the bottom half into a keyboard you can type on. This is still early tech, but it's a look at what portable devices could be in the near future.

Hopefully, this foldable laptop PC would not have durability problems/

I prefer Laptops or PCs with real keyboards. Not a fan of touchscreen keyboards. I like to feel the keys physically when typing.

I prefer physical keyboards as well. I like the feeling of key press, and the clicking sound of the keys going up and down when I press them.

I prefer physical keyboards as well. I like the feeling of key press, and the clicking sound of the keys going up and down when I press them.
Precisely!

That satisfying feeling of Physical contact, the pressing, the upward and downward motions on each individual keys, the satisfying clicking sounds from each individual keys, all in harmony lol

That looks good.....but then again, I wouldn't want to get one just yet.
Most of these foldable devices have durability problem like you said....so may be later

Hopefully, foldable laptops have been tested more before they are released. I feel that foldable laptops maybe more durable than foldable smartphones because laptops may use a thicker screen and more durable screen protector.

That looks really weird and bulky to me. Also like users above, I like the feeling of the physical keyboard for longer typing so I don't think I could use a virtual keyboard for long.

Maybe foldable laptop screens are less likely to get damaged from users mistreating them. Some laptop users are more likely to carry them in a protective laptop bag with a lot of padding, and carrying straps which securely hold the laptop to the bag.

Some people may more slowly also fold the laptop screen open than a smartphone because the screen on a laptop is more heavy and bigger, so it need two hands to open it.

Back