Live Action Cowboy Bebop Series

I watched the anime some time ago, I don't think too much of it but it's definetely a classic. However,I'm very wary of this adaptation. Do you guys recommend it?

I watched the anime some time ago, I don't think too much of it but it's definetely a classic. However,I'm very wary of this adaptation. Do you guys recommend it?
It's good but it has a different take in terms of the story compared to the anime

Show is canceled , read from CBR:

Netflix has canceled Cowboy Bebop less than three weeks after the much-hyped adaptation dropped its 10-episode first season. THR notes the show's disappointing reception among fans and critics. At the time of writing, Netflix's Cowboy Bebop holds a 46 percent approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Its audience score is only slightly better at 54 percent.

According to Netflix's Top 10 website, Cowboy Bebop Season 1 has accumulated nearly 74 million viewing hours since its premiere on Nov. 19. However, THR also notes that for the week of Nov. 29-Dec. 5, the show's viewership dropped a staggering 59 percent. As such, it seems as though Netflix simply decided that Cowboy Bebop's viewership numbers were not strong enough to justify the show's cost.

I'm seeing an aweful lot of coverage of this being canned, I hope its not to drive up viewership and undo the cancel?
Could be as the cast said they were going to get a second season for it

Read this from CBR:

Cowboy Bebop star Mustafa Shakir shared a statement following the cancellation of the Netflix series.

"What a cool opportunity right?!" Shakir wrote on Instagram. "I got to play Jet Black! I’ll never not be him..so to speak. That’s badass to me. [Netflix] went balls to wall for us in order to get it done. They really looked out for us when shit hit the fan. but at the end of the day business is business and this was a big ship that needed a lot of fuel. Maybe the “haters” and the critics got us maybe it wasn’t as good as we thought. all I know is we got this done under the craziest conditions and I’m proud of what we did. Thank you for dreaming with us. See you space cowboys. Forever yours, Jet Black."

Read from CBR:

Fans of canceled Netflix show Cowboy Bebop aren't willing to let the show go without a fight as a petition against its cancellation is on its way to hitting 100,000 signatures.

At the time of writing, the petition on Change.org has topped the 90,000 mark and is still steadily rising. The creator of the petition says it is for "people who want a second (or more) [series] of the live action Cowboy Bebop," and many signees have left their own comments of support for more episodes of the show.

Many of the comments acknowledge that Netflix's live-action version of the beloved anime differs from the original but still appreciate the John Cho-led adaption on its own merits.

Back