Make me an X

NintenDan

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
This is a game that was half-inspired by Y64M, half-inspired by all the other members who were helping him, myself included.

The problem with fan work competitions is that they can be too hard. Too much time to make the masterpiece, not enough time in life to actually be able to enter...

Which is why I've got this. I ask for something fairly simple, and you all enter to try and get the best spot. Sometimes it can be humorous, other times, deadly serious. To start off with, we'll go half funny, half competitive. So many halves... *drools*

Here's a few rules:

-You MUST use the supplied image
-Nothing inappropriate
-You MAY use external images to assist you, but the supplied image must be recognisable

Anyhoos, on with the task!

I have a picture of Mario and Luigi. I want Luigi to look like Mario, and Mario to look like Luigi. You can be as simple or as complicated as you want.

Here's a quick hint if you still don't quite get what I want: swap the colours of the two, then go from there.

The image is relatively huge, meaning you've got a high resolution graphic at your disposal to apply as many effects (or as little) as you want. The submission size should obviously be much smaller, but not too small.

You can get your image here!
http://www.mariobros...o-and-luigi.jpg

Good luck! The winner will get... a fancy award that I come up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, something came out of my consistent complaining of lack of knowledge and always asking for help, haha. Now due to my lack of getting stuff to work exactly how I want it to, I know several members already who should certainly enter this, and I would if I had more experience and could do it better, since a rather cool idea crossed my mind with that image and having to swap the colours around...

...No wait, it's kinda undo-able anyway.

For some of the future humour based competitions, you won't need to be perfect.

But to start off, a good mix of humour and good skills will be the main criteria. Humour as in, making me laugh from something that looks dodgy/is just funny, and good skills as in... a really good job!

Done! I think I did a great job, because, I can't tell who is who![attachment=533:Lario&Muigi.png]

I'm pretty sure this was meant to be a SERIOUS thing involving people who actually put some effort into it...

Erm.... here:
[attachment=534:mario-and-luigi.jpg]

Seriously though, anyone going to have a proper go? I know I can't, but then I suck.

med_gallery_728_160_101782.jpg

Mario And Luigi having a nice conversation after swapping clothes...

Are we supposed to make them look a lot like eachother, and maybe record it?

I don't really get what you're asking, but the main point of this one competition is to make Luigi look like Mario, and vice versa. How you do it, I don't really care, but all you have to do is grab the image I supplied, edit it, and then submit via a post in this topic!

I'm pretty sure this was meant to be a SERIOUS thing involving people who actually put some effort into it...

Eh, I don't really care. The funnier the better!

Well heres my submission! Does custom artworks by me count????
tongue.gif

To be honest, the aim of the game is to use the artwork I've supplied, so... custom artwork probably doesn't count, heh.

I don't really get what you're asking, but the main point of this one competition is to make Luigi look like Mario, and vice versa. How you do it, I don't really care, but all you have to do is grab the image I supplied, edit it, and then submit via a post in this topic!

tongue.gif

To be honest, the aim of the game is to use the artwork I've supplied, so... custom artwork probably doesn't count, heh.
Grrrr...............
unsure.gif
I spent 3 hours in 3DS Max posing them and stuff................. They look identical, does it still not count...?
smile.gif

Hey Shy guy (NintenDan) did you even look at what I posted??? It's not qouted...
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Grrrr...............
unsure.gif
I spent 3 hours in 3DS Max posing them and stuff................. They look identical, does it still not count...?
smile.gif

Hey Shy guy (NintenDan) did you even look at what I posted??? It's not qouted...
tongue.gif
So you mean you used 3 hours in 3DS MAx on SSBB's own models?

tongue.gif

Grrrr...............
unsure.gif
smile.gif

tongue.gif
So you mean you used 3 hours in 3DS MAx on SSBB's own models?
Yep....Why you ask? We are editing a Nintendo offical artwork that NintenDan supplied. So?

tongue.gif

*insert picture here*
Wow, that are some pretty impressive skills you have there! Did you use PS for the coloring?

Does that mean I get a award?

I haven't announced a winner yet, hold on to your pants now.

Grrrr...............
unsure.gif
smile.gif

tongue.gif

The game was supposed to be simple, in the fact that you just used the image I supplied, not actually remake it from scratch, heh. I will give you special consideration for your effort though, but next time (if there is a next time), maybe don't do so much work, heh. While it's appreciated, it isn't really necessary for this kind of competition.

And yes, I looked at it. I just didn't include it in the quote because I thought it'd be too huge.

Back