MEGA ART CONTEST: STAGE 1: X

Aensland

Succubus
Awards
Credits
gallery_3879_346_44443.png
gallery_3879_346_5108.png
So, I've been waiting for Porkman's contest to finish before posting this, but as I have been speaking with some of the mods / Admins on here about making this contest, I've been asked several times when I will post it. At last, here it is!

This is an art contest, similar to and inspired by Porkman's Pokémon Trainer: You! contest. I will be running these probably once every 6 months if people are interested enough and each one will have it's own theme. The first one will be in the theme of the Mega Man X series. The next one will be based on the Zero / ZX series, and so on.

mega_man_x_zero.jpeg

The rules are simple enough: Draw your own character that would be part of the Mega Man X game series. They can be a Reploid, Maverick, Maverick Hunter, or whatever you want.

Things required:

• Art piece you have drawn yourself that is completely original (no taking parts and pieces from other official robots in the series, like X's helmet in the above image, for example. Modifications to it are acceptable, however). You are not required to make a background , but
    feel free if you would like. I love creativity.

• Name of said character
    - This should go without saying as a needed thing. Mavericks will be a bit tricky, however, as their names consist of a first and last name. The first name is always a clue as to their ability and the last name is always the type of animal they are modeled after; Armored Armadillo
    (Has a highly defensive shell that needs to be knocked off of him to deal adequate damage), Frost Walrus (has frost breath and drops icicles), Split Mushroom (he splits in two like Gemini Man of Mega Man 3), to give some examples.

• Bio / description of said character.
    Be as detailed as you want. For example, if they are a Maverick, why have they chosen that side and what abilities do they have? If they are a Maverick Hunter that sits at base like Parche (Layer) and gives recon, then state what their role is at base. If they are a hunter like X or
    Zero, what drives them to fight for the forces of good and risk their lives? What abilities do they have? If they are a Reploid, where do they work? Are they designed for heavy lifting jobs at a factory?

• Base of Operations / Stage:
    If they are a Reploid, this may be a little hard as Reploids basically function similarly to humans; they have jobs and houses or whatever. If a Maverick Hunter, what area will they be found at most of the time? If they are a Maverick, what would their stage design be themed as (would it be ice and slopes, or maybe a tropical paradise)? This can be added into the bio, if preferred.

Granted, a knowledge of the series would help you with this, so I will give some information and examples to help those who do not know much about the series. I am including it in a spoiler tag to shorten the post's length, but it will not have spoilers in it.

Mega Man X series is set in a futuristic world populated by both humans and robots known as "Reploids" which have all mental and emotional aspects of humans. Some Reploids can obtain viruses, or be reprogrammed or just feel the need to go criminal for whatever reason - those 'bad' or 'evil' Reploids are known as "Mavericks".

Mavericks replace the Master Robots of the original Mega Man series as end bosses of each stage that when defeated give the player a unique ability (or abilities). Each one in the X series is modeled after an animal or insect or other force of nature. The first name is always a clue as to what their ability or element is and the second is their creature type. For example, Frost Walrus takes up almost half a screen in size and will charge at you, attempting to crush you, but he also has frost breath that turns you to ice and can make large deadly icicles appear on the ceiling that fall down attempting to impale his victim. His level is made of ice and snow with secrets hidden behind melt-away walls.

Maverick Hunters are part of a military task force formed to oppose and stop the Mavericks, much like SWAT members for the U.S. Government. The top hunters have special abilities. Examples; X can absorb the Mavericks' strengths, obtaining their primary ability, whilst Zero can learn new sword moves and attacks for his Z-Sabre that are based on how the Maverick attacked or what element they were. Some Hunters work at the base reading computer screens and relaying information and doing
investigative work. they don't really have any abilities, but they still serve their purpose and can communicate through a wireless ability to X and Zero who are on the battle field.

Feel free to be as creative as you like. Awards for those showing a lot of effort will be given out as well as a special surprise for the contest winner besides the award emblem!

EXAMPLE:

1019998-CERK015J61G_UaGh.jpg

NAME:

BLADE PANGOLIN

CLASSIFICATION:

MAVERICK

BIO:

Blade Pangolin was once part of the Maverick Hunters. During a mission he went M.I.A. and was believed destroyed. Only recently has he been discovered, hiding in a weapons manufacturing facility that was found to be owned and operated by Mavericks. Recent intel has found Blade Pangolin suffered a severe blow to his core CPU that short-circuited him temporarily, rendering him Maverick. He is now in charge of the weapons facility and must be stopped and the creation of
weapons halted indefinitely!
Blade Pangolin will attack by rolling on the ground, walls, and ceilings in a ball with the sharp blade-like scales on his backside slicing through metal like paper! If this attack fails, his claw-like hands can be replaced with two sharp, lengthy, sword-like blades with
which he will cleave his opposition with! He may also use those blades to scale the walls
and ceiling, hanging from one whilst launching the other as a projectile attack. This final attack does have a flaw, however, as he can only launch one before having to drop to the ground to release the second
before going into a slight recharge mode to manifest more.

STAGE:

Blade Pangolin can be found securely guarded and ever watching in the monitor room of a newly-discovered Weapons Manufacturing Facility. Besides large circular-saw blades, heavy machinery for pounding titanium flat, and other such dangerous machinery, the facility also houses a host of armed security Reploids as well as a deadly toxic waste management chamber.

For any other questions, feel free to PM me or post them here.

ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN JUNE 21st AND WILL BE JUDGED BY THE 24th.

JUDGES:

VINCERIFIC

STONEWOOT

TIGRESSSTAR

CONTESTANTS:

Porkman

Kirby_Z

Amyntas

Xerneas

FILLFALL

RAITH

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello my kind sir I would be all so happy to part take in this most fun full event.

Why don't I give it a try I I can't make a pokemon character but ho knows may be I can make some thing awesome as this.maybe I will be remember for something cool as this.also did you just like made some stuff up in the bio cause I never ever played the game or should I just make up stuff.also what's the prize.wait can I make my character a chef.

Why don't I give it a try I I can't make a pokemon character but ho knows may be I can make some thing awesome as this.maybe I will be remember for something cool as this.also did you just like made some stuff up in the bio cause I never ever played the game or should I just make up stuff.also what's the prize.wait can I make my character a chef.

Sounds good. :3 I'll add your name to the list of contestants since Tig is going to judge.

Even though I'm not a mega man fan, I think I'll participate.. Most tests are over soon..

One of the reasons I haven't posted a date yet for when the contest is due. I want to give people a decent chance between school, work, college or whatever. I don't want people to feel rushed or overwhelmed. It should be enjoyable, you know? :3

I'll add you to the list. :)

Even though I'm not a mega man fan, I think I'll participate.. Most tests are over soon..

One of the reasons I haven't posted a date yet for when the contest is due. I want to give people a decent chance between school, work, college or whatever. I don't want people to feel rushed or overwhelmed. It should be enjoyable, you know? :3

" Each one in the X series is modeled after an animal or insect or other force of nature."

That means I can have a turtle?

" Each one in the X series is modeled after an animal or insect or other force of nature."

Yeah lol I was going to post in the rules : And I don't want to see anything silly like Sonic Hedgehog or Ninja Turtle :p I'm an old-school TMNT fan, so I know of Metal Head who would fit perfectly ;)

Metalhead_TMNT.jpg

But yes, you can have a turtle. There is one in the series already. Doesn't mean there can't be another, though. :grin:

Rainy Turtloid

Mmx6rainyturtloid.png

Yeah lol I was going to post in the rules : And I don't want to see anything silly like Sonic Hedgehog or Ninja Turtle :p I'm an old-school TMNT fan, so I know of Metal Head who would fit perfectly ;)

Metalhead_TMNT.jpg

But yes, you can have a turtle. There is one in the series already. Doesn't mean there can't be another, though. :grin:

Rainy Turtloid

Mmx6rainyturtloid.png

YESH

Prepare for some ultra awesome turtle in some mech schtuff..

Or I just get busy and draw something odd.. Time will tell

I may have to actually play some of these games before hand to get some ideas / learn what the robots actually look like, but I will join if you don't mind ^_^

It also gives me a good reason to pick up the Mega man X games... :grin:

I may have to actually play some of these games before hand to get some ideas / learn what the robots actually look like, but I will join if you don't mind ^_^

If you can track down the PS2 Collection it is well worth it. I own Anniversary Collection and Mega Man X collection on PS2. Mega Man 1-8 and spin-offs on the first one and the X 1-6 on the X collection. And I'll add your name to the list of contestants.

If you can track down the PS2 Collection it is well worth it. I own Anniversary Collection and Mega Man X collection on PS2. Mega Man 1-8 and spin-offs on the first one and the X 1-6 on the X collection. And I'll add your name to the list of contestants.

Superior and rarer on Gamecube. :p

Rainy Turtloid sorry maybe it is because i just woke up but turt is making me lol hard. oh and good luck everyone.

Superior and rarer on Gamecube. :p

Why would you think the GC one is superior? Controls are easier and more classic on the PS2.

Also, Porkman and I would both agree if you have a PSP get Mega Man X Maverick Hunter. THAT is a remake done RIGHT!

SURE! Put my name in Pink just cause I'm a pink puffball............ Now that I think about it..... ^_^ niiiiiiiiiice game me an idea.... Buahahahahahaha

SURE! Put my name in Pink just cause I'm a pink puffball............ Now that I think about it..... ^_^ niiiiiiiiiice game me an idea.... Buahahahahahaha

LOL You caught on! I did that with everyone as best as I could without giving two people the same color. I used the main color of their icon to represent them in the text on the list.

By the way, I've always wondered.. why IS your username Kirby_Z if you have a large X behind your icon? Shouldn't it be a Z there? I get that it is supposed to be like a Kirby Pokémall but... why the X?

Back