Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
To power its mobile network setup, Nintendo has announced details on its new mobile platform.

The system will connect smartphones, PCs, and Nintendo hardware allowing users to make use of their accounts via Twitter, Google Plus, Facebook and Nintendo Network ID or email.

The account will get you info and even freebies for the games you’re playing and possibly discounts on games on your birthday. Your character and game data, whether that’s on Nintendo hardware or smart devices, is stored in their cloud system.

Nintendo is also rolling out a new point program that replaces Club Nintendo, with players earning points from purchases and gameplay. These points can be cashed in for in-game items, original goods like Club Nintendo was famous for and game discounts.

Images of their new set up:

full

full

full

full

It's an interesting idea, and I like the integration with third party services and such. I just worry about how awkward it's going to make things for a certain Nintendo news site...

I hope the "purchasing games" thingy isn't ONLY for new games purchased AFTER the program has launched in 2016.

I mean, I don't want to buy my horde of games in 2015 while not getting as many new games in 2016 to suffer from not being able to get anything good from the points I obtain from the program.

I hope the "purchasing games" thingy isn't ONLY for new games purchased AFTER the program has launched in 2016.

I mean, I don't want to buy my horde of games in 2015 while not getting as many new games in 2016 to suffer from not being able to get anything good from the points I obtain from the program.

I don't think Nintendo is that nice.

Back