Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
full

Looks like Microsoft took things in the right direction for once by making and offering a controller for those who have disabilities. It is designed specifically for those with limited mobility and will launch later this year for $100 USD.

Full details here:

This is good news for disabled gamers who want to play Xbox games.

$100 is expensive for a controller for disable people who may not have much money to spend on gaming because they get money from welfare from the government because they have difficulties working or can't work because of their disability.

I imagine in another ten years these will be the rage as the old day gamers will be needing them.

I agree a lot of older gamers would be needing these controllers.

A lot of older people can use keyboard and mouse pretty well because they grew up using a Typewriter, desktop PC, and laptop, so some older users may just play the PC version of the game. There are also a lot of mouses like track ball mouses and big joysticks which can be good for some users with movement problems,

This is good news for disabled gamers who want to play Xbox games.

$100 is expensive for a controller for disable people who may not have much money to spend on gaming because they get money from welfare from the government because they have difficulties working or can't work because of their disability.
But let's not forget that this controller is only a luxury item (meaning it isn't a prerequisite because some disabled people can still play using the classic controller) and the price compensates for the utmost convenience of the consumer. Plus, it is quite innovative that a controller is made, considering there are many types of disabilities, that could cater to a major group of disabilities.

This is amazing. Everyone has a right to play games. Xbox adaptive console is one of the great things Microsoft has contributed in the society. Now, even PWds can enjoy playing Xbox games too. This is a great news.

This is what I am wondering man!!!! Somebody must invent this one so those who have disabilities can also enjoy and have a chance to experience the great games. Its time to make a change. I hope someone who is a inventor can read this so they can make a controller for gamers with disabilities. I hope so much in this.

I am happy that this controller will be going to produce for those with disabilities, because it will give the chance for those who has mobility problems to play modern awesome games that is based from their interest.

For me, I really support the idea for those guys with disabilities has the right to become a gamer and to be happy and it will be possible if this amazing invention will be release.

Last edited:
I'm glad that someone is finally making an official controller for disabled gamers. It would really break my heart sometimes to see disabled gamers who had to go through all these obstacles just to be able to play a video game, and even then with some degree of discomfort. Sure you had some generous companies who custom made controllers for special individuals, but what about the rest? Now that Microsoft is developing a controller with mass market availability, I think they're going to really brighten the lives of many disabled gamers.

You're right man, besides from being a gamer, we should also practice the thing were kindness and consideration must be always apply for our fellow men especially for those who have disabilities.

Last edited:
Wow. I think it is a very good idea that they made this kind of gadget for those who have disability. It crossed the line of not having a chance of playing XBOX games of disabled. Good job for those who made this!

Good to see, I don't think Sony has something like this, and it will be supported for PC so it's useful for a lot of gamers. Price point is very high though, but most controllers are anyway.

This is great news for the disabled people who are big gamers! This would make it easier for them to enjoy gaming! How about a PS4 controller? Is this controller also compatible for PC?

This is really a right step to help disabled gamers of course there's always ability in disability, nothing should hinder them from enjoying their favorite games on Xbox but isn't $100 too much a sum to be paid by the disabled gamers?

Good job by microsoft, now atleast we will not be leaving the disabled when we go gaming. I must get that for a disabled friend, I have always loved to play against him, and here is the chance.

Back