New to anime, need some help!

Justdubs.tv is the best out there yet I believe.

Second Kissanime. Definitely have an ad blocker for that site. But they usually have high quality videos. If you want a break and just want laughs, I'd suggest D-Frag.

A man can dream.

Still trying to come up with more psychological anime. Brain isn't functioning...

I recommend you my favorite ones:
Claymore, Parasyte, Tokyo Ghoul, Kill la Kill, Kekai Sensen, Attack on Titans, Jojo's Bizarre, Yuri on Ice, Re Zero, SAO. You can try to watch any of them :) I hope you like at least one.

You can watch a lot of those online. There's no shortage of anime streaming sites online since most anime fans are internet users as well. People like to talk about them and you can even find entire forums dedicated to certain anime shows, if not the characters themselves. If you want to just start on a series, I highly suggest getting a shorter one first (12-25 episodes) before going to bigger names like One Piece, since it has over 800 episodes now I think. That's a lot of time you have to invest to watching a single program.

You should also look at filler episode lists online, just so you know which episodes can be missed because they won't affect the story in any way.

I recommend you my favorite ones:
Claymore, Parasyte, Tokyo Ghoul, Kill la Kill, Kekai Sensen, Attack on Titans, Jojo's Bizarre, Yuri on Ice, Re Zero, SAO. You can try to watch any of them :) I hope you like at least one.
Attack on Titan is great but the fanbase really loves to spoil newer viewers on what happens in the story. There's also elitists who think non-manga readers of the show are inferior to the ones who read new issues every month. I don't like that type of fan, but it's inevitable that you meet one or two in every forum/site for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my two cents on the subject! I hope I don't repeat any past suggestions but I'm too eager to share to double check :p

Mahoutsukai no Yome deals with our protag -Chise- and her handling of the magic world after being bought in an auction. You'll see her new life going from nowhere to become a most powerful sorcerer apprentice!

Nichijou is amongst one of the funniest series I got to watch (Great OPs and EDs too!) It's a good starter for you to tiptoe your way around Japanese humour so I deeply recommend it. The 26 episodes go flashing by!

Ouran High School Host Club Baby's first reverse harem. Great plot, great characters, great everything. Get a first look at these rich bastards' lives from the point of view of a fellow commonner. What starts as a light-hearted comedy will slap you with mature topics like loss of a dear person, dependency to others, and such other blows that will make you realise there's more than meets the eye.

Hope any of these get to brighten your day!

Back