Next-gen NVIDIA Shield tablet leaked by the FCC?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
While the FCC documents are light on specs, here’s what we do know:

It supports 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz 802.11ac WiFi.
The tablet has a micro USB port.
There’s Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy support.
The tablet measures 8.6″ x 4.8″ x 0.3″ and weighs 12.3 ounces.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new model had a Tegra X1 chip and more memory… but those are just guesses.

Read More

This does seem like an interesting tablet for gaming.

I guest, Nvidia is sticking to tablets, and settop box TV console and will not make a handheld console like the original Shield handheld in the near future.

Gaming handhelds are very difficult to get a lot of users like tablets like the iPad because only gamers buy them, and there needs to be tons of good games for them like the Nintendo 3DS and Sony PSP which has a lot of good games.

At least, with tablets, you can sell them to casual users, schools, and work places which need a powerful tablet like the Shield tablet with a Micro SD expandable storage card slot, so they can install more apps for browsing the web and watching video, school, and work related tasks. I bet, many of the current Shield tablet owners are just regular users who just want to buy one of the fastest Android tablets which are out now, and also have a MicroSD memory card slot for storing more files, apps, and games on.

Google Nexus tablets, and iPads aren't as useful for users who needs lots of storage because they both don't have a MicroSD memory card slot which is useful if you store a lot of big files, games, and apps with a combined size of over 120GB which most iPads and Nexus tablets can't hold unless you pay more money for the most expensive model.

But, the Shield tablet supports a MicroSD card up to 128GB in size to expand the 16GB of built-in storage. I bet, the next Shield tablet would support MicroSD cards which are over 250GB in size.

Specs are alright, nice that it supports 5ghz wifi.

Back