NFTs

Sharon

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I wish I could fully get my head around non-fungible tokens. I think I understand the general concept but to actually have a full understanding on how to strategize and make money from them is a whole other thing.

I understand them enough to know that they're bad. They don't *have* to be bad, but with rampant art theft and the need to use crypto currency to buy them it's just not good for the art world or the world as a whole. Not to mention that a lot of NFTs look low effort or like straight up garbage and yet people pay thousands of dollars for an image they could make in photoshop.

If NFTs were original and actually looked like art worth thousands of dollars then it would be no different than commissioning an artist. Other than the whole, "I own this image." Though the whole trying to make it so people can't copy/paste or screenshot an NFT is kinda dumb. It's the internet, you can't just stop people from doing that.

Ya, they can kind of be good. I don't really see digital art ever being a great library as it is impossible to not have copied, but the current meta is just people selling images they don't own.

I saw Nike has gone after one of the largest NFT group over copyright issues, so that legal battle may have lasting effects on the NFT world... or not as this is the internet and rules don't always translate well.

The deal is you get the receipt and there's a whole bunch of unnecessary stuff when it passes from one person to the next but the artist gets paid more and you get something to sit there and do nothing. It's just as convoluted as crypto in general.

I recently saw a headline that Snoop Dogg plans to make Death Row Records to be the first NFT major label. I definitely don't want to go into investing blindly but whenever I see headlines like these it really makes me wonder if I could possibly be missing out on a great opportunity.

Yoshi-P mentioned this on NFTs:

We did notice a lot of reactions, especially from the Western users about the NFTs. Many comments about how you are opposed to NFTs. I do understand that our CEO [Yosuke] Matsuda had commented on the concept of NFT in his New Year’s greetings, in his messaging. There may be a bit of sensitivity, a little bit of nervousness, around the topic.

I did mention it earlier, but based on how FFXIV is designed, we don’t intend on incorporating any NFT element in the game at this point. So if anybody is worried or concerned about it, I can clearly state at this time that we do not have any intentions to incorporate that into the game.

I read on YouTube Creators to Sell Videos as NFTs that YouTubers may soon sell videos as NFT as well.
But like anyone who's seen it can save it and if it gets deleted from the server after it's bought and only given to one person I could live with it if it wasn't significant but that means the creator can have it too and that sounds pretty fungible.

But like anyone who's seen it can save it and if it gets deleted from the server after it's bought and only given to one person I could live with it if it wasn't significant but that means the creator can have it too and that sounds pretty fungible.

I feel some of the video NFTs will be custom NFT of video creator's filming a happy birthday message to the buyer, and an NFT can be a nice souvenir for the fan instead of only getting a receipt sent to their e-mail address.

I kind of understand it but I don't get why anybody would really want to get involved in it, I've got no interest whatsoever.

I kind of understand it but I don't get why anybody would really want to get involved in it, I've got no interest whatsoever.
I do think some people are getting into it because they know it's stupid but it's a somewhat easy way to make money right now. Might as well mess around with it now before it all falls down

The concept is fascinating is all. It's like collecting art (e.g. paintings, sculptures, etc) except... you don't have to be a multi-millionaire to win an original from an auction.

Back