froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
According to a recent interview with Kyoto Shimbun in which Nintendo’s president, Tatsumi Kimishima, revealed the company’s plans to release 2-3 mobile titles a year. Like we said this year they’re already release 2 titles so it looks like things are already going to plan, and next year we know that there are at least two titles to look forward to: Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem.

Source

I feel 2-3 mobile games per year is kind of low for such a big company like Nintendo which can afford to hire enough workers to make 4 or more games per year.

I guest, Nintendo would mostly be using their console series like Kirby, Mario, Zelda, Metroid Prime, Pokemon, Pikmin, Donkey Kong, etc for mobile, and not make as many original mobile titles.

I do believe the mobile market demands more games than that but the fact they plan so few means they will be of very high quality.

Perhaps they are aiming to make mobile games that become incredibly popular, like Pokemon Go.

I do believe the mobile market demands more games than that but the fact they plan so few means they will be of very high quality.

I agree, mobile gamers probably want more games, and Nintendo maybe making high quality games. Nintendo may want to see how profitable their mobile games are before spending a lot of money making the games. It also cost a lot of money to promote a mobile game in game magazines, TV, websites, and other forms of media.

I think once Nintendo makes more money by selling more mobile games, they will start to release more games per year, and promote them more, so people who don't read gaming sites know about their game because they saw an ad for the game on TV, newspapers, magazines, and websites.

I bet, Nintendo may also release a gaming controllers case, and other gaming accessories for smartphones, and tablets, so people can play games like Mario, Kirby, Smash bros with a controller case rather than touchscreen controls.

Back