Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Starting on January 19th 2016, Nintendo World Store will shut its doors for a month and reopen on February 19th 2016. The changes being made includes a fresh interior, new Wii U and Nintendo 3DS demo units, a 15-foot gaming screen, and more fun elements and surprises. What's more, a new bronze coin at the front entrance will display the store's tagline: “Where everyone comes to play.”

The store will also be renamed to Nintendo NY and to celebrate the rebranding and reopening weekend of February 19-21 2016, NNY will host giveaways, appearances from costumed icon Nintendo characters. Plus sale of exclusive souvenirs, including limited-edition Mario and Link T-shirts.

“Nintendo is constantly evolving its experiences for fans,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “The new Nintendo NY store is a must-see location for anyone that has a memory of Nintendo, or who wants to see what Nintendo has in store for the future.”

The Nintendo World Store originally opened in 2005. At one point last year it was the only place where you could buy every Amiibo.

Well hopefully, the new name means more stores are being opened around the world. I mean, Nintendo NY? That's got to be a clue to something!

I'm curious to see what changes they will make to the store. I guess we will find out when they re-open. I wouldn't mind making a trip there one day........

Sounds like some nice changes. Would like to see what kind of overall look they go for

Hopefully, they'll have a tour video or something posted on YouTube.

I would like it if they would post a video somewhere, Youtube or otherwise. It wouldn't beat getting to see it in person but I could at least see what it looked like if they would provide a video of it.

Back