Nyko 3DS Battery!

Andy

Well-Known Member
Credits
400
Apparently Nyko made a battery that fits 3DS and will last much longer than the 3DS battery itself. It will cost you $29.99 to get this 3rd party Battery for 3DS.

Full Article:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/03/heavy-black-rubber-testing-nykos-third-party-3ds-battery.ars


~Testing~
The person decided to play Rayman 3D (A relatively graphically intense 3D Game). He turned the brightness all the way up, connected to the internet with the 3D slider was set to maximum and power save mode was disabled plus using the speaker at maximum level. The battery lasted five hours + forty minutes. But you cannot use the Nintendo Charger to recharge your battery.



What do you guys think about the battery?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Makes it bulky....doesn't use charge plug, only charge station..made by nyko. Hell no.

Do you know about the brand name? Cause I never heard about them.

The reason I made this thread is because I was planning to buy extra battery for my 3DS. Do you think Nintendo will upgrade its battery capacity in the future? Maybe make something similar to Nyko's battery?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Makes it bulky....doesn't use charge plug, only charge station..made by nyko. Hell no.

Do you know about the brand name? Cause I never heard about them.

The reason I made this thread is because I was planning to buy extra battery for my 3DS. Do you think Nintendo will upgrade its battery capacity in the future? Maybe make something similar to Nyko's battery?

They're not bad, but they build very flimsy feeling producets...ya know...easy to break stuff. I wouldn't buy the battery pack simply because it doesn't allow charging while playing.
 
I guess, I have to wait until Nintendo decided to upgrade its battery capacity then ^^
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt use it if they payed me $30.I think the 3ds has good battery life.
 
I'm not the biggest fan of Nyko products either.

If I had the 3DS, I would definitely hold out for a better battery to be released by Nintendo.
 
is nyko the company that made that silly looking wiiremote rip-off?
 
Yeah those Nyko Wii remote batteries were kind of crappy. I couldn't complain about the controller add ons though. So they are not complete useless. I would, like the others, wait till there is more and better options. If not Nintendo, I would wait for HORI to make a battery... there are also a couple of other batteries, but Don't think any worth it yet. One is suppose to release soon tha will give you up to 20 hrs battery life! So waiting seems to be a good idea
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hopefully there will be one with 10 or more battery life that doesnt make the 3ds bulky and can charge properly
 
I dislike them. They make crappy products. I don't think I'll be getting that battery. However it's a good idea. Maybe someone else could.......
 
Hopefully, either Hori or Nintendo will produce something better than the current 3DS battery.

The current battery didn't last long =.=
 
Actually, having used Nyko's battery grips for the ds and ds lite, they worked pretty much flawlessly, would end up charging my machines like once a month (give or take) on casual gaming (no not joking about this). I am actually considering getting this battery pack
 
I don't recommend switching out your battery, even for an official Nintendo one. At least, not until Nintendo fixes the Street Pass bug that prevents you from ever collecting the same Mii ever again.
 
I don't recommend switching out your battery, even for an official Nintendo one. At least, not until Nintendo fixes the Street Pass bug that prevents you from ever collecting the same Mii ever again.
even if you format teh system memory?
 
I really don't have a problem with the battery life of the 3DS... I wouldn't use it.
I dont have any problems.they make the battery life sound bad when it really isnt
 
Yeah.. i haven't had issues witht he battery yet either. But then I havent taking the 3Ds on really long trips yet
 
Back
Top