Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
At CES 2017 Famous third-party manufacturer Nyko has unveiled a new line of accessories for PlayStation VR, PS4 and PS4 Pro:

Charge Block for PlayStation VR
The block plugs into any wall outlet or USB port for rapid recharging and can also connect to multiple Charge Blocks from different platforms to create a clean, universal charging system for all your gaming needs for $19.99 USD.

Charge Link for PlayStation VR
10-foot USB Y-shaped charging cable that enables simultaneous charging of both PSVR controllers. The extra-long length and flexible Y-shape give users ample room for uninterrupted gameplay while charging. The Micro-USB cable is universal and can charge any device that uses a standard USB port for the price of $14.99 USD.

Data Bank Pro for PlayStation 4 Slim and Pro
Data Bank Pro expands the internal memory by allowing the use of an additional 3.5-inch hard drive. The Data Bank Pro is easy to install by plugging it into the hard drive bay via the included SATA adaptor and USB cable by accessing a single screw. Once users remove the 2.5” drive and reinstall it along with a 3.5-inch drive using the included adapter, they can easily cold-swap between the two drives with a simple flip of a switch. The versatile design allows the Data Bank to rest on top of the PS4 or alongside it, so that it can be used in both the vertical and horizontal positions. It also has a dedicated AC cord to power the drive, so it avoids pulling additional power from the console and the DBP will retail for $39.99 USD.

God gaming dammit! I knew I should have waited for news on a data bank for PS4 pro.

The Data Bank sounds like a good accessory for gamers who need more storage, and want to use a 3.5 inch hard drive which is cheaper, and usually faster than 2.5 inch hard drives which spins slower than 3.5 inch hard drives.

why is the 3.5 cheaper?

I think 3.5 are cheaper because more people and companies buy many of them to install in desktop, workstations, servers, and other big size computers, so hard drive companies make a lot of 3,5 hard drives and sell them for affordable pricea because of the huge amount of competition from other drive companies like WD, Hitachi, Seagate, generic brands, etc, and the used and refurbished hard drive market which sell drives for lower prices to try to get the most buyers.

Not all 3.5 hard drives end up being sold quickly before they become old. Once tech gets old/outdated like 300 GB hard drives, they are sold for cheap prices like $20 to free up warehouse and store retail space for drives which sells better like 2TB hard drives.

I think 3.5 are cheaper because more people and companies buy many of them to install in desktop, workstations, servers, and other big size computers, so hard drive companies make a lot of 3,5 hard drives and sell them for affordable pricea because of the huge amount of competition from other drive companies like WD, Hitachi, Seagate, generic brands, etc, and the used and refurbished hard drive market which sell drives for lower prices to try to get the most buyers.

Not all 3.5 hard drives end up being sold quickly before they become old. Once tech gets old/outdated like 300 GB hard drives, they are sold for cheap prices like $20 to free up warehouse and store retail space for drives which sells better like 2TB hard drives.

I feel like I ripped myself off buying a 2.5 HDD.

I feel like I ripped myself off buying a 2.5 HDD.

That stinks. I think it is a good idea to wait awhile for Nyko or another accessory company to release a 3.5 inch HDD adapter for Playstation 4 Pro.

At least, you can now buy the Data bank in the future to install a bigger 3.5 hard drive like 6TB drive if your current 2.5 inch drive is running low on space because you install too many games.

There are 6TB 3.5 internal hard drive which sell for $169 which is a reasonable price if you have a lot of programs, games, apps, and files to store on the drive.

That stinks. I think it is a good idea to wait awhile for Nyko or another accessory company to release a 3.5 inch HDD adapter for Playstation 4 Pro.

At least, you can now buy the Data bank in the future to install a bigger 3.5 hard drive like 6TB drive if your current 2.5 inch drive is running low on space because you install too many games.

There are 6TB 3.5 internal hard drive which sell for $169 which is a reasonable price if you have a lot of programs, games, apps, and files to store on the drive.

I got the HDD in hand and went through a lot to get it so I'm just going to stick out with it. If it fails on me though I'll upgrade to the pro data bank.

I got the HDD in hand and went through a lot to get it so I'm just going to stick out with it. If it fails on me though I'll upgrade to the pro data bank.

I hope the PS4 and Xbox One and future consoles will have a version of their consoles which uses 3.5 inch hard drives by the time I get a newer console if I ever get a new console.

I think if MS and Sony listened to their tech savvy gaming fans, there maybe a version of the Xbox One or PS4 which uses a 3.5 inch hard drive, or they at least make an official adapter for their consoles to work with 3.5 inch drives.

I feel 3.5 inch drives will stay popular for a long time to come, and may become more affordable because a lot of companies like a website hosting companies like Namecheap and Hostgator needs a lot of affordable storage to store and backup millions to billions of website files and databases.

I think affordable 2.5 inch hard drives will become less common in the near future. A lot of regular PC users are buying very cheap $99-200 laptops and desktops like Google Chromebooks, and Stream 11 which uses a 16GB or 32GB memory card which is cost about $10 or less. Once the demand for 2.5 inch drive becomes too low there would be fewer hard drive companies which make a lot of 2.5 inch drives.

Sadly, once computer parts become less common, they may go up in price and become harder to find like older RAM like SDRAM, RDRAM, and PCI video cards which are sometimes expensive and hard to find unless you use Amazon or eBay.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll get 3.5 inch drives till the next console generation. If sony were to do it the PS4 Pro would be capable.

I think if the price of 2.5 inch 500GB and 1TB drives becomes more expensive than the current price for 2.5 inch hard drives or 3.5 inch drives become very affordable like $20 for 500GB and $25 for 1TB, Sony may release a new version of the PS4 which uses more affordable 3.5 inch hard drive.

A cheaper version of a PS4 like a $200-250 PS4 may use more affordable 3.5 inch drives like how Sony sold the PS3 Super Slim with 12GB of flash memory which is the same type of low price memory in 16GB USB flash drives. The PS3 Super Slim 12GB sold for $199 in 2012.

Back