Older PC games you miss the most

The old battlefield series.

There was this game called Chip or something I used to play a lot of in the past. Was the best thing ever back then.

Am not sure if its compatible or haven't really tried but I would say Diablo I. That is the first PC game I had played.:)

Math Blaster, the only game that made math fun.

I miss GTA San Andreas online (SA:MP), because I used to play on a very crowded server with awesome people, which definitely changed because most people switched the games and I myself went kind of away from the game because of that.

What are some older games that you sometimes wish you could play on your PC, but can't because they are no longer compatible with the latest operating systems?

You should really check out GoG. I cannot think of a single game I ever played back in the 1980s or 1990s that they haven´t been able to make playable on PCs. Might and Magic 4, Bard´s tale ( the original 3)... pretty much any game you can think of from that era, they have for a few dollars. I just bought the first 3 Bard´s tales for like $2 and it plays perfect fine and is just as much fun.

Can't think of any older games that I can't play due to compatibility issues. I did like Battlefield 1942 a lot though. Haven't played it in a few years, but I think it still is available to download and has an active community.

It's not "compatibility issues", but I miss the days when EA put out sports games for the PC. I got a copy of NHL '07, I believe, and I played that thing like crazy until I couldn't find the game anymore. It worked well on a PC up until 2012, at least. Not sure how well it would do in 2016.

Also, one of the bigger games I would play religiously were Zoo Tycoon (and Mall Tycoon, if you included it) and a game called Ultimate Ride. I could go on and on about the latter, but I'm not going to get into specifics about my playing skills.

System Shock 2 was pretty revolutionary as far as FPS games go. I'm glad they did a remastered version on Steam a few years back.

You should really check out GoG. I cannot think of a single game I ever played back in the 1980s or 1990s that they haven´t been able to make playable on PCs. Might and Magic 4, Bard´s tale ( the original 3)... pretty much any game you can think of from that era, they have for a few dollars. I just bought the first 3 Bard´s tales for like $2 and it plays perfect fine and is just as much fun.
I'm actually looking for games from the early 2000s. I didn't even have a PC in the '90s. lol

I'm actually looking for games from the early 2000s. I didn't even have a PC in the '90s. lol

They are still there. it covers the entire realm of PC games starting with the 1980s. I believe NeverWinter Nights 1 was from 2002, and I got it and both expansion packs on GOG for like $5. They basically have almost every major game that was ever released except for some certain IPs like Diablo 1 and Civilization... but overall, in all my years of gaming, I don´t think there is any game I ever played that is not on GOG now.

I miss the strategy games. I mean, sure games like DotA and LoL can be somewhat considered similarly, but to me, nothing will replace a game like Age of Empires or Warcraft. Brings such fond memories. Although I'm pretty sure those can be played on modern systems, the fanbase has moved on and such games are "mainstream" anymore.

I miss the strategy games. I mean, sure games like DotA and LoL can be somewhat considered similarly, but to me, nothing will replace a game like Age of Empires or Warcraft. Brings such fond memories. Although I'm pretty sure those can be played on modern systems, the fanbase has moved on and such games are "mainstream" anymore.

I guess the only remaining popular RTS is Starcraft II, and possibly Company of Heroes. They've lost plenty of players to the MOBA genre.

About 10-11 years ago I had this really cool game installed on my computer, I don't remember how it was called because my memory sucks, but it was so good! You had to jump and kill some obstacles in order to pass to the next world or level, and the thing started to get really difficult, I think that I only made it to level 7 but it was a really good experience, the graphics were really old, that's why I'm almost sure that isn't available anymore.

Back