OS installation for the first time

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
I am sure most of you had done it....but I haven't done it until now.
It's kinda strange. So I am going to try it out, after watching couple of demo videos....

Good luck, It's easy anyways as long as your settings are set right when you go into the setup. What have you always been running then? and what OS you have installed the same or in fact WIndows 10, well that's if it is WIndows we talking about.

As someone who does this for a living, I know I may be sounding a bit big saying its easy, but if you follow the steps from a video its not hard to mess up. The hardest part is just getting it to boot from your usb or disc image, but even W10 has made that easy these days.

Unlike W8 and before where you had to rape one of the f keys or esc key to get into the boot section.

I recommend watching a few online tutorials on YouTube and other websites on installing Windows 10.

You can use a free virtual machine software like Virtualbox or VMware player practice installing Windows onto a PC.

As someone who does this for a living, I know I may be sounding a bit big saying its easy, but if you follow the steps from a video its not hard to mess up. The hardest part is just getting it to boot from your usb or disc image, but even W10 has made that easy these days.

Unlike W8 and before where you had to rape one of the f keys or esc key to get into the boot section.
Honestly, the worst part about that is that each manufacturer can’t decide which F key to use as a standard

Good luck, It's easy anyways as long as your settings are set right when you go into the setup. What have you always been running then? and what OS you have installed the same or in fact WIndows 10, well that's if it is WIndows we talking about.
To be honest, so far it's been Windows 7 . I am thinking of downgrading my windows 10 to Windows 7 again
Most of it is just clicking next and waiting for several minutes.
That's great :)

Thank you Demon skeith. I will remember that
I recommend watching a few online tutorials on YouTube and other websites on installing Windows 10.

You can use a free virtual machine software like Virtualbox or VMware player practice installing Windows onto a PC.
That's a good idea froggyboy
I recommend Britec09 Compared to all the copies of other YT channels
Thank you for the recommendation Foodscare

To be honest, so far it's been Windows 7 . I am thinking of downgrading my windows 10 to Windows 7 again

That's great :)

Thank you Demon skeith. I will remember that

That's a good idea froggyboy

Thank you for the recommendation Foodscare

I wish you good luck on your Windows install !

Nothing wrong with that, do whatever you feel that best for yourself. Keep in mind that windows 7 is no longer supported and can be easy be a security risk.

If its a new pc, it won't run W7 very well. Most are built to run pretty much W10.
It's a very old PC
Windows 7 isn’t supported by Microsoft, so that’s just opening a can of worms for security.
That's true...
It's just that, my CPU is too old and it's not handling windows 10 very well
Nothing wrong with that, do whatever you feel that best for yourself. Keep in mind that windows 7 is no longer supported and can be easy be a security risk.
Yeah. Thank you , King of the lords

I have Windows 10 with VERY old Pentium Dual-Core E5200 CPU, and it works great so don't worry!
The RAM is just 2 GB. So it's having a very hard time in running Windows 10.
I will have to upgrade the hardware resources sometime.

2GB is not enough.
I upgraded my old computer to 4GB (still using DDR2 :laughing:)

I feel 2GB RAM maybe enough for PC which use Windows 10 32bit edition, but may not be good for Windows 10 64bit which uses more RAM.

2GB RAM on a Windows 10 32bit computer maybe enough RAM for basic tasks like Facebook, Twitter, forums, watching lower resolution videos, playing less intensive games like Minecraft, listening to music, viewing picture files, word processing, spreadsheets, and slideshow presentations.

I used a Windows 10 32bit computer with 2GB RAM, and the PC performance was good enough for using a web browser, watching online video, forums, and word processing.

Back