Staff member
Full GL Member
Credits
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card
Amazon $20 Gift Card

Perhaps the only game you'd want to play from Steam and later Xbox/PS5 (not Switch:ranting:) is Palworld. It is a completely original idea with nothing related to other open-world monster games because in this one you get your gun out and slaughter sentient animals and animal slaves peacefully (open-world survival). I think there's a catching aspect and some tasks for certain monsters to use in the overworld for settling the land. Anyways anyone who thinks this is an original idea is most likely gonna buy it but it's questionable when it could perform well on all platforms.

Why not on Nintendo Switch? It does look really cool!
It does look like a big and detailed world and this account for their trailers is in Japan I think, but I think Nintendo might look at it and think that this is Pokemon and or give them a hard time for it. Also, the Switch is underpowered so it doesn't handle those types of games depending on the finesse of their devs skills.

I like the look of Palworld. The characters and levels look very colorful. This third-person shooter also looks very action packed.

It's coming out next week! Might be the only Pokémon-like game I'm interested in.

They cheaped out copying character designs and gameplay elements from many games and not just Pokemon.

In this case Should the Evil Nintendo Lawyers decide to sue them, I am fine lol

Read from VGC:

The former chief legal officer for The Pokémon Company International has said that the breakout hit Palworld looks like “ripoff nonsense”.

Don McGowan, who led the Pokémon Company’s legal team for almost 12 years, was commenting on the game amid claims that its developer Pocketpair plagiarised designs from Nintendo’s game series.

“This looks like the usual ripoff nonsense that I would see a thousand times a year when I was Chief Legal Officer of Pokémon,” he told Game File. “I’m just surprised it got this far.”

Read from VGC:

The former chief legal officer for The Pokémon Company International has said that the breakout hit Palworld looks like “ripoff nonsense”.

Don McGowan, who led the Pokémon Company’s legal team for almost 12 years, was commenting on the game amid claims that its developer Pocketpair plagiarised designs from Nintendo’s game series.

“This looks like the usual ripoff nonsense that I would see a thousand times a year when I was Chief Legal Officer of Pokémon,” he told Game File. “I’m just surprised it got this far.”
I would rather play an NES Pokemon game than this tbh.

Back