Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
PS4pic1.PNG

PS4pic2.PNG

It's been months since Sony first announced the PS4 and now today they have revealed to the world it's look.

Due out this holiday at a price of $399 USD and in Europe it'll be €399 and £349.

So what do you think? Will you pre-order it?

That design is a bit iffy for me, specially in the front with all the ports and disc slots under that over hang.

I personally will not preorder this simply because I won't be able to take advantage of it. However, I do like the overall design of the PS4. This is one of the newer consoles that I would actually consider buying. Though, I don't really like the look of the controller. I'm not sure why.....it's not as sleek as it could be. 

The PS4 looks like it is made of plastic like the PS2 Slim, and the shape of the console look like a slanted VCR without a Tape slot.

Although, the Xbox One is slightly bigger in size, I like the stealthy jet black metal design more than the dull plastic PS4 design. Plus, the Xbox One has more nice looking cooling vent grills, so it may run cooler, and the cooling fans don't need to spin as fast to cool it because it can be cooled by the surrounding air entering the vents, so less noise while gaming.

I am not a huge fan of the design, but it looks far better to me than the Xbox One.   I will absolutely be buying the PS4 at launch however.   I think at $400, its a great value.  Also love the way they undercut Xbox One right off the bat.  

Going to agree with the majority here, not a fan of the console design, really dislike the slanted look, also dislike the handle part of the controller, looks way to long and curvy, but rather then that I really like the meat of the controller.

Price wise, 400$ is so much cheaper then I thought it would be, definitely going to be picking one up.

Well, it doesn't look that bad, i guess...
Laying down it looks like a VCR that someone hit with a hammer and it became crooked, but if you put it standing up, it looks like a monolith of some sort.

I won't be pre-ordering because the price is a little too steep for me, but i would definitely buy one one or two years from now.

I am actually pleased with the price. I thought it would be a little bit higher than that. The design is decent enough. I have never really worried about the design of a console. The things that concern me are the quality of the system, the accessories of the system and the quality of the games for the system. I think the PS4 will do well in all of those categories, so I am happy. 

I'm torn on this one. The PS3 was a disappointment (to me anyway) and I'm not sure that I want to make the investment. The price is good though, and that makes it kinda tempting -- it's cheaper than I thought it would be by a couple of hundred. 

Nnng I don't know. I think I'll wait and see how it does before I spend the money.

The controller looks a bit too awkward for me but hopefully they will make some redesigns. The price is pretty decent though. Do not think that I will pre order it but I will most likely wait till the price drop to get it, unless of course Microsoft smartens up and makes some much needed changes. Overall though, the PS4 has alot of nice and interesting features, design looks cool and the upcoming games look very entertaining.

I think the console itself looks a bit like two PS2 slims stacked on top of eachother! But it looks sleek I like it.
I'm not sure about the controller yet looks a bit strange and I doubt I'll ever use the share button , but I'm sure I'll get used to it and love it!

The console looks fine, but the controller looks like a sloppy remake of the older types. I mean, just imagining my thumbs at the D-pad and the other 4, I'm pretty sure there's too much space left protruding out of my palms. And my hands aren't small, they're average.

The price is excellent but I am more interested in how much the software is going to be as that is the key issue.
no point in the console being reasonably priced but then the games being stupidly high. 

If I manage to get it at the US price, then I'd probably pre-order one. I'm not too happy that the UK price is over $100 more expensive though. I know Amazon is doing pre-orders and will send to other countries, but they can get taxed when coming into the country and I want to wait and see about the region first - developers may still choose to lock it.

Standing up, the design seems fine to me. I am concerned that the small size and internal PSU might cause heating issues though.

EdenSB said:
If I manage to get it at the US price, then I'd probably pre-order one. I'm not too happy that the UK price is over $100 more expensive though. I know Amazon is doing pre-orders and will send to other countries, but they can get taxed when coming into the country and I want to wait and see about the region first - developers may still choose to lock it.

Standing up, the design seems fine to me. I am concerned that the small size and internal PSU might cause heating issues though.
I thought the US price didn't include tax? Maybe I'm wrong there. It would make sense because the Pound and Euro values did include tax. I think the law in the US is different or something.

Simply amazing price, I'm not too sure about the Tax but in Australia the price has been put at $550. Hope that the prices are cheaper overseas so I can buy it online and I could save myself some cash!

-Paul

It's simple, really. The thing looks like 2 PS2s put together, which makes sense! 2x2 = 4. 2+2 = 4. It's so clever!

...I really hope that wasn't what they were thinking when they came up with the design...

Back