Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The update will expand the Remote Play capabilities to include PC and Mac making PS4 compatible with Windows 8.1 and 10, and OS X 10.10 and 10.11, and you'll be able to choose 360p, 540p or 720p resolutions, and either 30 or 60fps.

New friends list options allow you to enable notifications when your friends come online. You can also now schedule user events, so you can organize play sessions with your friends. When you send out the event invite, other users can register, and they'll automatically be added to a Party once the event starts.

Plus there's now an Appear Offline mode for your online status, so you're now able to play games without interruption.

Other changes include being able to broadcast to Dailymotion, the ability to share your friends' moments to your feed, being able to check PSN status from the menus, and create Teen Accounts that can be played in offline mode before parents set up parental controls.

Full details here.

The question is, will you trade your current PS4 to PS4.5?
Depends what it has to offer and how much extra it will cost me. If it makes things faster, has a bigger hard drive etc. but can still play all the games I have then yes. But if the improvements are only for VR and 4K, I won't benefit at all by upgrading.

Back