Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Now that I am nearly done with school, time to start planning GL v2, for that I like any and all feedback, good or bad, great or lacking, from the GL members here in this topic please. I will most likely not get to any of them till after E3, so that leaves us plenty of time to discuss things and get anything finalized before I look into it.

So yeah, if there is any features, changes or whatever else you can think of that would improve the forum, please post below, even if you already posted something before, repost it here please for better management.

Yes some sneakpeek is needed, Mr. Demon.

well if you open up a blank tab on your web browser, that is the current status of v2 :p

Seriously though, everything is still in the planning stages. At this point I just like the members to look at the current forum and thank "what/how can this be improved?"

lol

Maybe a video game release dates calendar as an actual calendar thing, something like this?
play-date-video-game-release-date-calendar-by-chris-gregori.jpg

lol the weekly topic I like it too.

Have both the calendar and weekly topic, reason being is that the weekly topic can be used to talk about the games that are coming out for that week while the calendar is handy for seeing when a game is going to come out.

I hope that the bank/point system would stay and I would like to see the arcade system improved if possible. Flash needs to go (Sorry Adobe).

Have both the calendar and weekly topic, reason being is that the weekly topic can be used to talk about the games that are coming out for that week while the calendar is handy for seeing when a game is going to come out.

I hope that the bank/point system would stay and I would like to see the arcade system improved if possible. Flash needs to go (Sorry Adobe).

Understood on the calendar.

The arcade has to be changed, I think in another year flash will be dead/discontinued, even our former hosting jcink will be abandoning their arcade for their IPB 1.3 board which is an extreme disappointment.

Anyways, was it you who sent me a PM on arcade options? At this point its going to be a challenge to get everything connected to one database.

Arcades seem to be dying off unfortunately. So not sure we will find anything excellent that will fully integrate with Gaming Latest, which is the most ideal approach.

For me, I had left a few suggestions in the evil staff overload section. Little design tweaks which I think will improve the site. Looking forward to more feature suggestions though!

Arcades seem to be dying off unfortunately. So not sure we will find anything excellent that will fully integrate with Gaming Latest, which is the most ideal approach.

For me, I had left a few suggestions in the evil staff overload section. Little design tweaks which I think will improve the site. Looking forward to more feature suggestions though!
Here in Japan arcade halls actually enjoy big number of visitor every day (and more during weekends, since some companies encourage their employees not show up at work on Sundays, and a few of them also on Saturdays).

Though I do understand that Gaming Latest's audience is aimed for overseas people, I just wanted to say that arcades aren't dying, not over here at least.

Here in Japan arcade halls actually enjoy big number of visitor every day (and more during weekends, since some companies encourage their employees not show up at work on Sundays, and a few of them also on Saturdays).

Though I do understand that Gaming Latest's audience is aimed for overseas people, I just wanted to say that arcades aren't dying, not over here at least.

Is the Mecha Border Break Arcade game really good? I read it's famous in Japan.
border-break-bf343dca-4c31-4603-9ea9-3aed2cadbba-resize-750.jpeg

And Sega is going to release the game for Ps4 too with the planned Mecha controller
Hori.jpg

Hori-3.jpg

Ah, I meant in terms of online scripts.
Flash games are dying because flash isn't supported anymore and isn't mobile friendly. The approach for them now is HTML, and there isn't a set standard for them - a website that hosts loads or tracks the high scores, etc. So there isn't scripts developed to use on software nowadays. Online scripts also seem to be used less and the script makers just say they aren't profitable to do anymore.

Due to the lack of time, and the fact that in many of them it's allowed to smoke inside, I hardly visit arcades.
I see this one was made by SEGA, and I know there's a SEGA owned arcade hall in Akiba (common abbreviation of Akihabara), so I can check it out tomorrow, and teach my opinion.
Since I know the hall in Akiba is no smoking.

And GamingLatest Slave, I didn't know you were talking about that.
I thought you meant reviews of arcade games, or their game pages, etc.

Due to the lack of time, and the fact that in many of them it's allowed to smoke inside, I hardly visit arcades.
I see this one was made by SEGA, and I know there's a SEGA owned arcade hall in Akiba (common abbreviation of Akihabara), so I can check it out tomorrow, and teach my opinion.
Since I know the hall in Akiba is no smoking.

Cool, Senpai!

Saw some video on it

Last edited:
Flash games are dying because flash isn't supported anymore and isn't mobile friendly. The approach for them now is HTML, and there isn't a set standard for them - a website that hosts loads or tracks the high scores, etc. So there isn't scripts developed to use on software nowadays. Online scripts also seem to be used less and the script makers just say they aren't profitable to do anymore.
Other thing is that I think it may be a generation thing as well, people rather play games where you are part of a team or playing with others (CS:GO for example) at the same time.

html5 to be exact. hopefully now that flash is being killed off (like a NPC by a god character), it will force developers to start making more current arcade games or port stuff to current day standards.

Back