Preferred battery for controllers

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
What is your preference? Replaceable batteries (i.e. Xbox 360) or internal rechargeable batteries (i.e. PS4)?

For me, I think I prefer the internal ones, I sit close enough to my PS4 to have them on charge whilst playing if needed and like the fact the controller feels sturdier not having a removable thing on the back.

Back near the end of my PS2 days, I did get a wireless controller which ate up batteries like mad. I kept with the replaceable ones but I wish I had went with rechargeable.

I prefer removable AA rechargeable batteries since I have many unused rechargeable AA batteries which I used for my old digital camera, remotes and Gamboy Advance when AA batteries were more popular for electronics like digital cameras and handheld consoles. I also don't have to worry about not being able to find replacement batteries since almost every grocery store, department store, and discount dollar store sells AA disposable batteries for a few dollars, or $10 for a pack of 4 AA rechargeable batteries. The AA battery charger cost $15 on Amazon which is a reasonable price.

I think it is not too difficult for me to fix the battery holder and wires on the Wii mote, Xbox 360, and remote controls which use AA batteries if they ever break before a more expensive part like the circuit board, vibration feed-back motors, and joysticks break.

But, I feel the buttons, vibration feed-back motors, and joysticks will break before the battery parts. I have some very old clocks, remote controls, and other devices where the AA and AAA battery holder still works after many years of use.

Back