Preferred headphones?

Sharon

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
What kind of headphones do you own and use regularly? I use my airpod pros daily. Whenever I'm planning on listening for a while though I like to wear my wireless over-ear Bose headphones.

For headphones I use Skull Candy. They were expensive, but they've paid for themselves since I use them so often. Plus they're noise cancelling so I can ignore the world as I listen to music. I also have a pair of Raycons I use for when I can't have big bulky headphones. Which the Raycons are also really good.

I use some simple LG headphones for both work and home, good enough for me. I don't chat online so I don't need them much.

I mainly use the headphones which come with the device like MP3 players.

I also have a pair of Maxell, and JVC headphones.

I own some Audiotechnica studio headphones. Nice for mixing music on. If I didn’t have that hobby, I probably wouldn’t spend more than $20 on headphones.

For headphones I use Skull Candy. They were expensive, but they've paid for themselves since I use them so often. Plus they're noise cancelling so I can ignore the world as I listen to music. I also have a pair of Raycons I use for when I can't have big bulky headphones. Which the Raycons are also really good.
I like Skull Candy! They have awesome customer service.

I use some simple LG headphones for both work and home, good enough for me. I don't chat online so I don't need them much.
I once owned a pair of LG Tone bluetooth headset. I loved the battery life on those but I haven't needed them for a while now. I can't remember the last time I've used them.
I mainly use the headphones which come with the device like MP3 players.

I also have a pair of Maxell, and JVC headphones.
I do find myself resorting to regular wired headphones. It's great to not have to charge them.

I own some Audiotechnica studio headphones. Nice for mixing music on. If I didn’t have that hobby, I probably wouldn’t spend more than $20 on headphones.
I've never owned audiotechnica studio headphones. Do you recommend them for all around usage or just for mixing music? Do you share your work online at all? Would love to take a listen.

I've never owned audiotechnica studio headphones. Do you recommend them for all around usage or just for mixing music? Do you share your work online at all? Would love to take a listen.
They sound perfectly fine for normal headphone use. The only thing to take note of is that they’re pretty flat on EQ, so if you really like, say a lot of bass, it’s not going to be as prominent as some other kind of headphones. If you mix with bass heavy headphones and you listen to it on a different set with less bass, you’re going to go “woah, where’d the bass disappear to?”

My SoundCloud’s linked in my signature. I’m more proud of my recent stuff on there, and I’m kind of embarrassed of the older stuff. I just keep it there because I don’t wanna lose the play counts, and for me to see how much I’ve progressed.

They sound perfectly fine for normal headphone use. The only thing to take note of is that they’re pretty flat on EQ, so if you really like, say a lot of bass, it’s not going to be as prominent as some other kind of headphones. If you mix with bass heavy headphones and you listen to it on a different set with less bass, you’re going to go “woah, where’d the bass disappear to?”

My SoundCloud’s linked in my signature. I’m more proud of my recent stuff on there, and I’m kind of embarrassed of the older stuff. I just keep it there because I don’t wanna lose the play counts, and for me to see how much I’ve progressed.

older stuff just shows how much people have gotten better.

The original Galaxy Buds when I am out and about. I also tend to use them when my phone is charging since I don't have a headphone jack. Other times I just use the AKG earphones that came with my phone.

I do prefer to hear more bass - are there any over ear headphones in particular you'd recommend?

I never liked headphones in general and very rarely used them. But when wireless headphones came along... I felt all the advantages of them. I have AirPods Pro. They are so functional and comfortable that I am not ready to change them for anything else. I use them all the time. I like that they have several sizes of silicone pads. And you can even check which one fits your ears best. Awesome!

Lately I've been seriously considering Aftershockz - are you guys familiar with these? It plays music by using the bones around your hear. Supposedly it's better for your hearing and it allows you to truly remain aware of your surroundings.

Lately I've been seriously considering Aftershockz - are you guys familiar with these? It plays music by using the bones around your hear. Supposedly it's better for your hearing and it allows you to truly remain aware of your surroundings.

no, first I'm hearing of it. Sounds interesting though.

From what I understand that is not much of a difference between the $80 headphones vs the newer $159. Perhaps the newer one is more comfortable but I'm not sure if that and longer battery life is worth $80 more.

I prefer to use ear buds instead of actual head phones. Some head phones don't fit very comfortably.

Back