PS4 PS2 games available on PS4

hopefully more will be announced at E3.

I really wish they'd release Suikoden someday. I've always wanted to replay those games (3-5 and Tactics). They're on PS3 (except Tactics) but it would be nice to have them with PS4's HD visuals and trophy support. :grin:

crap, I still have that on my PS3 to play...
Same here. I bought all of them when they went on sale during one of the Flash Sale events. I even bought the physical copies a few years ago. I just love the series so much.

I'm starting to think they aren't bringing the Suikoden games to the PS2 classics library on PSN because Konami is perhaps planning to release them on a disc as an HD collection but it never happens. Meanwhile, Capcom is busy re-releasing Devil May Cry on newer platforms hahaha.

Same here. I bought all of them when they went on sale during one of the Flash Sale events. I even bought the physical copies a few years ago. I just love the series so much.

I'm starting to think they aren't bringing the Suikoden games to the PS2 classics library on PSN because Konami is perhaps planning to release them on a disc as an HD collection but it never happens. Meanwhile, Capcom is busy re-releasing Devil May Cry on newer platforms hahaha.

Never played the series, had plans but just got too busy.

Never played the series, had plans but just got too busy.
I can recommend starting with Suikoden V. The good thing about them is that each game can stand on its own. Any connections to previous games are just through character references and maybe some jokes here and there; nothing more. If you like tactics kind of RPGs like Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy Tactics, Suikoden Tactics (surprise surprise about the title) is pretty good too. It even has widescreen support IIRC.

There's also a Suikoden game on the DS (not 3DS but the older one), Suikoden Tierkreis. Pretty good too, but the "chibi" aesthetics might turn you off. There are anime cutscenes at the very least.

Suikoden is one of my favorite Jrpgs. I like Suikoden III's story and main characters the best.
zgmOm0X.jpg

If only they would make a new Suikoden game for Ps4.

Haha me too. I missed out a lot on some of the best JRPGs on PS2.

And that Suiko III wallpaper looks fantastic :grin: Really takes me back haha.

More good old Suiko stuff

Back