Reason for low activity on GF

I have a few ideas in mind to boost activity to this forum and keep it up (hopefully.) and will be announced in the monthly update which I will post on the 1st. I will also be doing a forum software upgrade soon which will enhance features and make this site more mobile friendly.

And I'm aiming for a contest every month that will either give cash or a game as a top prize.

Keep the site active and the ideas coming in, it will allow the expansion of more things.

Contests will definitely (obviously) boost activity. lol Affiliating with other sites also helps. Try to get a partnership with IGN. ;)

That's because IGN is an actual company who employ staff. Thumbs up to anyone who got a partnership with them but unless your a company yourself you got no chance.

And in return you get $$$$$.

Also, IGN doesn't partner with just companies. There are a ton of YouTubers that get partnerships.

Content is the main thing. If you want traffic to reach your forum, be sure to have orignal content (which i'm sure this community has)

It's incredibly hard to get Shards. lol Ever since you announced them, I have only accumulated about 2 million shards, and that is from contests. :p

I really don't like to have adverts on my forum, that's why I only have the one in form of a video.

I think i'd die if i got some sort of partnership with IGN..... :laugh:

I don't like advertising on other people's forums. The only sort of advertising I do on forums is putting a link in my signature and that's pretty much it. Advertising in-post I think is wrong. Advertising on other forums is always a tricky thing.

>.> no

smash camp is basically an annual event in which many gaming forums join one board, get sorted into one of 4 cabins, and compete in gaming tournaments. just being on the participating forums list is publicity and advertising in signatures will help. That's all i did and it bought some new members to TMF last year, there's no need to create a topic, and i dont think advertising topics are allowed anyway.

I don't like advertising on other people's forums.

I assume you've never owned a forum, or at least not a succesful one.. if you don't advertise you don't get members.

Back