Rent or buy a video game?

What's a free demo all about? Play for just some minutes?
Demos of games have been around since the dawn of time. They include a section of the game in full, however, block you off when you try to progress the story or get timed out. Funny enough there were times you could play the entire game in a demo on Playstation 1 if you went into the debug settings.

Demos of games have been around since the dawn of time. They include a section of the game in full, however, block you off when you try to progress the story or get timed out. Funny enough there were times you could play the entire game in a demo on Playstation 1 if you went into the debug settings.
I taught I was the only one who took advantage of that debug settings in playing PS1 game demo's lol..

I think renting can be worth it if you plan on playing the games once or twice during a party with guests, but can't afford to buy many new games at once to play at a party.

I think renting can be worth it if you plan on playing the games once or twice during a party with guests, but can't afford to buy many new games at once to play at a party.
If you're a short time gamer, it's the best option to choose because you would never play the game for long even if you buy it.

If you're a short time gamer, it's the best option to choose because you would never play the game for long even if you buy it.

That is true, short time gamers could save a lot of money if they rent games. Some people finish some games very quickly in a few hours to days, so renting a game can be cheaper.

Last edited:

This is a good plan and I believe that is one of the reasons many would want to rent a particular game as well.

That is true, short time gamers could save a lot of money if they rent games. Some people finish some games very quickly, and rarely in a few hours to days, so renting a game can be cheaper.
It's how game's completionist play their games all the time.

I think if I start a video game review website, I would rent many new games to review since buying 30 or more new $60-80 games per year to review on a game review website is expensive compared to renting many games for a few days to review on a blog.

Back