Rocket League

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Rocket League took up a lot of my time when it launched for free on PS+. It was a really good surprise of a game. Do you guys still play it? I heard its got a load of new updates since I last played, any of them decent?

Rocket League took up a lot of my time when it launched for free on PS+. It was a really good surprise of a game. Do you guys still play it? I heard its got a load of new updates since I last played, any of them decent?

They've added a Hoops update, which is pretty much a basketball map. It's much more demanding on player skill since you need to be proficient at rocket jumping to actually even get the ball high enough into the hoop.

There's also going to be a pretty massive item update, allowing player-to-player trading. Looking at the PC version on Steam, it's rather likely that they would allow selling item drops on the Steam marketplace. That's a rather neat feature imo, getting a little bit of Steam wallet just for playing the game and selling your spare drops!

I own Rocket League on PC and it is super fun. The only problem is that I'd really enjoy playing with friends, which I can't do because none of my friends own the game. Other than that, I really recommend anyone interested picks it up. A lot of good things have been said about this game, and there's a reason for that.

I unfortunately missed the game on PS+ as I didn't have a PS4 at the time. I did buy it as one of my first games though. It is my most played PS4 game. Very fun game. I enjoyed the hockey mode a lot.

I think I remember seeing this in the stores but never picked it up.

Rocket League is quite the fun game in my opinion. I haven't played it in a while, because my girlfriend can't play it. She gets real motion sick from games like this, and I'm not sure it's worth the the time for her to learn it if she'll never play it. Without her, I don't have many or any people to play it with, so I don't bother.

I've heard really good things about this game, but I don't know if I want to play it yet. If I can get it on the Steam sale for cheap I might pick it up, but if not I'm not sure I'll waste the money. I'm afraid that since it is pro-gaming status that the player base will be a bunch of douche monkeys. How has the player community been in the opinions of those of you that have played this game?

Rocket League is a great game to pick up and play when you have a bit of spare time. The games are short and fun. If you have some friends to play it with then it makes the game so much better. It's great to see the developers continuing to bring out content for the game this long after release as well.

As someone who has never played the game I'd like to know:
Is this a great competitive game?
Does it get boring quickly?
Can you play the game in longer sessions without getting burnt out?

As someone who has never played the game I'd like to know:
Is this a great competitive game?
Does it get boring quickly?
Can you play the game in longer sessions without getting burnt out?

Yes, there's a thriving competitive scene with seasons of ranked games. With exclusive cosmetic rewards given out based on your final rank each season.

Depends on how much you're willing to put into the game. There's lots of aerial moves, and other tricks which require plenty of finesse and experience to master.

I typically play it for up to two hours at a time. Each game lasts 5 minutes, so that's already a lot of matches.

Finally thought I'd get the game on the PlayStation Store but it seems to not be on discount at the moment. Is the game worth £15? I might wait a bit more and see if it goes down to around £7

This game. You have no idea how many hours of my life this game has drained. It started off with seeing multiple posts of it on Reddit, and thinking to myself, "Huh, seems like this game is the latest thing. Better check it out."

I downloaded it, and the next thing I knew I hadn't eaten in days and the dog ate all the furniture. It was super addicting. I don't play it nearly as much these days but there's nothing I like more than hanging out with the bros on a Friday, having a few beers and playing some Rocket League.

Was quite close to getting the plat when I checked so just gone back today and spent a couple of hours and finally got the plat. I still play this game quite often with friends. Find it very fun.

People recommend this game a lot these days, and I'm tempted to get it since it's on sale. But I don't really think I'd enjoy the idea of cars doing football moves or something. I prefer adventure games; last racing/car dominant game I played was those Ford games for the mobile phone. The premise sounds unique though, but I don't think it's the right fit for me.

This game is so cool. Great graphics and unique gameplay. I love how this game is so explosive and dynamic. Plus, who would've thought you could play football with cars? Psyonix did.

If the people behind World Cyber Games isn't going to put FIFA or Asphalt (or any sports-genre and racing-genre games) next year, then they should at least consider putting Rocket League in their event next year. This would make an exciting esports event

Back