Short anime vs long anime

In my opinion, there's a long anime and short anime for different type of viewer to choose. I mean, there are people who enjoy short anime because they want to venture with different genres and plot once in a while. And there are these people who love to stick with a single franchise and dedicate a huge amount of attention to it, like One Piece and Naruto for instance. For me, I can't decide on what I like more. Maybe it only depends on my available time and mood. I have an ever changing time schedule so it makes sense. I love the both of them.

Definitely, they different.

I agree with some of this. There are anime that were made to be short, and if the storyline is good and the producers know how to properly develop the plot, then those anime are usually pretty good.

I think the problem with some anime is not the long overbearing continuations, it's that the storytelling is lacking something. Remember that most anime come from mangas (also from light novels and video games). If an anime isn't good (it's being boring, repetitive,...) that's because either the developers are failing at adapting the source material or the source material wasn't very good in the first place. It can also be that some arcs, while uninteresting or lacking in action, are necessary to advance the plot. Long anime is more likely to become repetitive or to recycle plots because is based on a long story or on a work that's still ongoing.

Yes I agree with your point.

I guess there are some anime that are good when viewed in a longer time line and others that seemed to be better in a shorter one, example for one piece and the other Shonen "titans" are better and good if written in a long time line while others like death note are better if it is shortly lived

Yes it depends on the movie and the viewers if they love so much they could extend the movie and they want more episode.

Short anime is good because the viewer gets to finish it on time and move over to another task. But personally, I prefer longer anime especially when it comes in series. One of my favorite happens to be Avatar - Master of the four elements (Fire, Earth, Water and Air).

I don't really care about the length, short or long. As long as it is interesting then I'm good. But anime that is over 200+ episodes, I'm not watching them.

Back