Side quests?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
When playing a video game, do you complete all the side quests or do you just complete the main story in the game? Why or why not?

I try to do some side quests, but it depends on how involved with it I am. Like, if I enjoy what's happening, I'll see it through to the end, if not, I'll drop it.

It depends on the game. Some of the side quests was interesting. As long as it was interesting, I'd do it. If it wasn't interesting, I'd ignore it like it wasn't even there.

I do only a part of the side quests available in the game. If they are very interesting I will do all.

I do any that catch my interest or can really benefit me in the game.

I do a couple. I tend to find them very empty in comparison to the actual game story line. I will do a few to see what they are like and then just move through the story and then onto another game.

I do a couple. I tend to find them very empty in comparison to the actual game story line. I will do a few to see what they are like and then just move through the story and then onto another game.

I tend to agree with this also. This can make some of the side quests tedious for me, when it gets away from the actual story. It becomes a distraction almost.

Really depends on:
- the game and how invested I am.
- how often the quest happens.
- how difficult it is.
- what the reward is.
Like a quest that's trivial but occurs a lot gets dull fast. Similarly a quest that's overly long/complicated and occurs a lot is not worth the time usually. (They sometimes offer better gear/equipment, but in many cases by the time you go do them whatever they're offering is way worse than what you have already.)

For example, I loved the Infamous series. Did every side quest because I liked playing that game series. They kept the number of side missions on the lower side so it never felt super tedious to do them all and each one had a pretty worthwhile reward (a number of blast shards that would allow you to use your powers more often).

But for Fallout 4? While I like Fallout 4, I got tired of the radiant quests. They were too much of the same and they happened too quickly. I mean complete one quest and they'd immediately give you another. The rewards were usually not even worth it as you'd have way more caps/ammo and better armour. (By the mid point of the game I had 40+ fusion cores, a dozen sets of power armour, a set of heavy combat armour and a small arsenal of good guns.)

Back