Social Media & Hate

It's sad if social media sites are only used to vent anger because the word "social" itself is synonymous with community, and a community is basically a place where sharing in whatever ways occur. Sometimes though conflict cannot be avoided but then again the community itself should be a venue for patching things up and not a venue for adding more firewood/fuel to it and just making the problem bigger. I doubt if facebook and the other social media sites have ready mechanisms to quell hate exchanges unless we report them. Just imagine if facebook will trigger another world war rather than foster understanding among races and creeds.

I think that's normal right now. It's her opinion, and the question is, who is she? Do you think she's able to influence many people to believe on her opinion? She's nothing, no one will believe her, she just want to get attention.

Lately I have been spending less and less time on social media and I would say, it has become healthier for me. I have unfollowed pages about news and insignificant pages and rather followed pages that include my interests like food and travel.

Facebook and Twitter already did many good things. Let's practice to look on the bright side. There are lot of good things happen, I even saw on news that a daughter found her mother after like 20 years. Again, social media is very useful, sure it has bad sides, but not always.

Back