Some things about sony I learned about that were very intresting

K

kingbooforums

Ok so there is this guy on youtube I found. At first he sounds like a butthurt sony hater but the more I watched his videos the more I learnt about this horrible company and there greed almost exceeds microsofts. Maybe even worse. So let's start:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jakthebomb#p/u/0/HojgiCQ87eQ(that's the guys account btw, he has TONS of sony hating videos. Mostly regarding the hardware faults of the PS3.)

First off, he made a phone call to sony tech support and asked about the yellow light of death. The assosiate pretty much flat out denied that the YLOD even exsists.

Sony charges around 150-200$ to "fix" your console depending on how old the model is.

The guy who makes videos fixes electronics for a living. So he is trust worthy.

People tend to think that "keeping the fan clean and having good ventillation" will keep the console alive longer. Not true, he has proven in many of his videos that the reason the PS3 gets the YLOD is due to using ceramic thermal paste. I very cheap paste which microsoft also uses for there xbox consoles.

Another thing he mentioned is that the 360 and the PS3 use leadless sauder (did I spell that right?) in there consoles. Leadless sauder is more enviormently friendly but in general is crap and tends to crack easier. Something you may find intresting is Nintendo did not care what the enviromentalist hippies said and they use LEAD SAUDER in there consoles. The wii has the lowest failure rate...intresting huh?

Even if you put good quality thermal paste you still may need to "reball" the PS3. Which means you have to take these chips off the board(Don't remember exactually which ones) and re sauder them with GOOD sauder not that leadless crap.

When it comes to warranty Sony are by far the stupidest most retarded assholes ever to grace this earth. Most companies when you want something fixed you give them a serial number off your console/computer whatever. They then read this into there system and know exactually WHEN and WHERE and hell what TIME you got the console....

OH BUT NOT SONY! Sony requires a receipt. Um why? Isn't it bad enough you guys took away a feature people paid for on there consoles,got your network hacked and offered some crappy games? Hell I did a test the other day and called sony and asked if they could fix my PS3's broken blu ray drive. And guess what? because it was opened they could not fix it EVEN FOR THERE OVERPRICED REPAIR OPTION.

"Oh but consoles are not meant to last forever!"

NO shut up. Right now. Let's take a look at some other consoles. Hell even the gamecube. They are STILL working. Heck theres atari 2600's out there that are almost 40 years old and are STILL WORKING.

"It's cheaper for companies to make cheaper products! if they did not then they would not have as much money to make technology better-"

Stop.

Like I said. Almost everything nintendo makes is quality. You can hate there games. You can hate everything about the company. But don't hate how they build there machines. The only system I think they built like crap was the ds and ds lite due to the horrible hinges. But by the dsi they fixed that and offer free repair for wonky hinges. Does Sony do this? no. Infact did you know the drives for the PS3 slims are cheaper drives? CHEAPER DRIVES. Can you believe this?

Although microsoft DID fix the RROD problem and offered a 3 year seperate warranty just for RROD they only did it because they were being sued.

My point is the reason sony is getting away with this is because sony pretends it does not exsist. A console should not last 2 years,not 3 years, it should last 50 years before it breaks. The older consoles already show this. Oh and some sony laptops have had this issue as well.(over heating)

Hopefully someone read this rant. If not...

TL;DR:

Sony is a horrible company who treats there customers like shit and makes cheap crappy products and then pretends there is nothing wrong with them and charges 150-200$ for repairs.

Well I've never used a Sony product so I wouldn't know what to say. I will say that I have suffered the common problem of the DS Lite, where, in the end, the screens are disconnected from each other.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, I think the word you were asking if it was spelt correctly is "solder".

That is, if you mean this kind of thing:
800px-Solderedjoint.jpg

I'm surprised this bothers you so much considering you don't have a PS3. Why let it bother you? Why even bring it up on a Nintendo oriented forum? Do you want the support from fanboys? What are you trying to prove?

Companies are going to be companies. Many major businesses do these kind of things everyday. It's nothing new.

It's obvious you like Nintendo more but please don't mindlessly defend a company just because you base your judgement from word of mouth. Let those who bought Playstations, Xbox's, Wii's etc worry about it their selves. This isn't a conspiracy. This generation has been going on for years now and you just now found out about a topic long pushed aside by many in the gaming community.

Don't let a guy who obviously wants attention and views cloud your mind with meaningless hate.

As an example I checked his account and he uploaded a pro Sony video about the Vita. Just like that he flipped his judgement like nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually own all three consoles. Although I was aware of microsoft and there shenanigans. I never knew what sony was pulling this whole time.

I actually own all three consoles. Although I was aware of microsoft and there shenanigans. I never knew what sony was pulling this whole time.

Excuse me for the assumption. I usually see these kind of topics done by console fanboys. My mistake bro. Forgive me? But yeah this thing shouldn't surprise you. It's quite unfortunate that companies resort to shady practices. No fairness in this world, just strictly profit.

it's fine. But I think people need to stop the attitude of "oh well that's how the world works deal with it."

No. This is not the same thing. Let's say you have a car that breaks down and you send it in for repair. They repair it but 3 months later it breaks down. So you pay money AGAIN to have it fixed. And it just keeps happening and happening.

If my ps3 ever breaks down I am going to not take there crap anymore. I can be respectful but a douche at the same time. Yelling and screaming and threatening to kill people won't accomplish anything. But sitting there and going "Oh you want 180$ to repair it? well I don't have the money....so you can't fix it?...oh...ok
sad.gif
"

When my lame cat broke my Wii sensor bar,I thought it was going to be 50 or 60 bucks. But it was only $10
biggrin.gif

Back