froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Sony is now looking to take full advantage of any such opportunity. Sony CEO Kaz Hirai has said that the Japanese company is now looking to “aggressively” push into mobile gaming.

Read More

I hope Sony's mobile games would be fun.

I was reading this yesterday, considering they have to bow out of the handheld gaming market I don't see them doing better in mobile.

I think some Playstation exclusive games may do well on Mobile because there are some smartphone game categories like Shooters, RPGs, action, fighters, and Racing which don't have as many good games.

I think fewer people bought the Vita because there were not as many games for it which people wanted to play compared to the PSP.

But, people may give Sony games a try on Android or iOS because most people already own a smartphone, so they don't need to buy another device to play a Sony game.

I think Sony will just stick to making games for mobile operating systems like iOS, and Android instead of making mobile hardware where Samsung and Apple makes the most smartphones.

Sony can also license their game characters like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and series like Gran Tourismo to other mobile game makers, and collect money from licensing fees.

Sony may also port some of their games to the Windows App Store which is one of the most popular PC and PC tablet game stores because every new PC tablet running Windows 8,8.1 and 10 has the Windows Store installed on the OS.

Some titles could be successful. If Sony still owned the Crash Bandicoot IP I could imagine a Crash like Temple Run being quite fun.

What ever Kaz Hirai says it's damn silly, he needs to fix his eyes and read what people want!! Gaming is for PC and other platform as like Xbox and PS4 that are bulit for one thing only and that's gaming/ I don't enjoy gaming on an small screen that it's not easy to see or control. Yet I loved playing Angry birds when I was being bored out of my brains

Gaming is for PC and other platform as like Xbox and PS4 that are bulit for one thing only and that's gaming/ I don't enjoy gaming on an small screen that it's not easy to see or control.

At least, it shouldn't be hard for Sony Game Developers to port their games to work with Mobile based TV consoles/settop boxes and VR consoles which has a controller like Android based consoles/settop boxes like the Nvidia Shield TV, Android VR headsets like the Samsung Gear VR and the Apple TV which uses iOS as its operating system. Android settop box consoles, Android VR system and the Apple TV both have controller support.

A lot of smartphones and tablets now can use a mini or micro HDMI video cable, and can use a wireless gamepad for playing games on a bigger TV.

There are also handheld Android consoles with built-in controllers made by GPD, JXD, Archos, and Wikipad which let you have a handheld gaming experience which is similar to a Gameboy, PSP, and 3DS when you play games like Grand Theft Auto 3 for Android with controller support, or you mapped the buttons on Android handheld consoles.

Sony can also release games to the Windows Store which is the official app and games store for Windows Phone, Windows RT, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10 tablets, Desktop PCs, and devices, so Sony can sell their games to the millions of gamers who use the Windows Store on both mobile and desktop devices.

Back