Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

A fully gameplay video of this Batman Arkahm like style game which is due out in 2018.

Damn, now that's an action packed trailer. I love Spiderman. I didn't really play any of the recent games (I've seen some on the streams) but this one just might get my attention. I always preferred Spiderman over Batman or other heroes. He is just so cool in that tight little suit doing his web shoots across the buildings. Will this game have an open world and free roaming though or will it be more linear?

The last Spiderman game I played was Spiderman 3 on the PS2 and I adored it. It was great fun.

This is the one exclusive they announced which kind of makes me sad that I don't have and don't plan on getting a PlayStation 4. For one thing, I'm a huge comic book geek and Spider-Man has been a favorite of mine since I was a child, right up there with Batman. So now we have a game with Arkham -style combat and gameplay, and with physics based web-slinging like in Spider-Man 2, but I don't get to play it?

Pfft, well I mean look at those quick time events, I bet the game is awful, 2/10 would not play.

*Sobs internally*

Oh cool it's Spiderman! Oh no QTE... Oh cool there is a lot of awesome action, it makes you really feel like Spidey! Oh boy, but what if the story of the game sucks?
Yes, this sums up my opinion of the game. I hope it will be good, and as a fan of the Arkham series I'm looking forward to this type of gameplay. But, QTE, story... lenght of the game, there are many factors that worry me. We'll see.

Is it just me or does this game looks kind of like a colorful Arkaham series rip off? Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely loved every single Batman game so far, and I would love it if this game comes anywhere near those standards. But I can’t help to feel a little betrayed, since this is Marvel vs. DC we’re talking about and it is not okay to just steal every successful idea your competitor had and put them all in a single game.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, the last time I played a Spider-Man game was number 2 on the Ps2, but I remember really having fun with it as well as number 1. I'm actually surprised with myself that I haven't kept up much with the newer games, but I'm so ready to play again after seeing that trailer. It's gonna be really nice playing on a bigger screen this time around as well.

Is it just me or does this game looks kind of like a colorful Arkaham series rip off? Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely loved every single Batman game so far, and I would love it if this game comes anywhere near those standards. But I can’t help to feel a little betrayed, since this is Marvel vs. DC we’re talking about and it is not okay to just stole every successful idea your competitor had and put them all in a single game.

it's pretty much a colorful arkham series rip off.

To be honest, this is the first time I'm hearing about the new Spider man game on PS4 console. I only ever played spider man game on mobile phone. But watching the trailer makes me fall in love with this upcoming game. I can't wait to get my hand on a copy and start playing. I hope real playing experience is as interesting as watching its trailer.

To be honest, this is the first time I'm hearing about the new Spider man game on PS4 console. I only ever played spider man game on mobile phone. But watching the trailer makes me fall in love with this upcoming game. I can't wait to get my hand on a copy and start playing. I hope real playing experience is as interesting as watching its trailer.

I'm not surprised, the game only got a little screen time in E3 2016 and has been quiet since then.

Not sure about the QTE. The last Spiderman game I played was on the Dreamcast or the GBA. I can't remember. Hopefully this game has a well written story. The gameplay mechanics look really well done, hopefully it plays that well when the game is released.

Last Spiderman game I played was for the PS1 back in the 90s, so this is definitely a treat. I think only the Batman games have made an impact in the games these days, and that's because the Batman DCU has a lot to dish out, and you don't have super strength or flight like Superman, making the game all the more difficult, especially when facing off against multiple foes armed with assault rifles. The dark and gritty nature of the Batman games are also a plus, so I really hope this Spiderman game lives up to that type of hype.

I agree with Demon_Skeith, it has Batman Arkahm style in it. It looks good though. Last Spiderman I played was the one on PS2. I never do missions, I just swing around the city and went to the highest tower then jump. I'll give this game a try, and this time I'll follow the story and do missions.

Back