Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read an update from CBR and The Hollywood Reporter:

Following the news that Disney+'s upcoming series starring Star Wars' Obi-Wan Kenobi has been indefinitely delayed, new information has surfaced regarding what the project will look like going forward.

Sources say the scripts and story became a point of contention, resulting in an complete overhaul of the project.

While Disney has not released a statement on the matter, THR says Lucasfilm has opted to cut the series from six episodes down to four. Furthermore, Lucasfilm is currently looking to replace Hoessein Amin, who was previously attached to write the series. Despite the search for a new writer being underway, director Deborah Chow and star Ewan McGregor are currently still attached to the Obi-Wan series.

One source in particular claims the story outlined in the scripts was very similar to that of The Mandalorian, with McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi serving as a protector to a young Luke Skywalker, and possibly even a young Leia Organa -- not unlike how Pedro Pascal's Mandalorian became a parental figure to Baby Yoda.

clearly they could not get enough high ground to make this happen :p

lol Darth Maul also had the high ground though and yet he got sliced by ObiWan

So they are making this happen. Hopefully its witty enough.
As long as he has his copyrighted High ground intact the show should be fine lol

Read more from CBR:

Obi-Wan Kenobi will follow the Jedi Master during his period of exile on Tatooine between the events of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy also confirmed that McGregor's sequel trilogy co-star Hayden Christensen will reprise his role as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, setting the stage for a rematch between the two former friends.

McGregor just beginning his training for Obi-Wan Kenobi falls in line with the actor's recent revelation that the series will begin filming this spring.

My hubby is planning on watching this when they are finally finished with it. He'll be looking forward to it, I'm sure.

Can't wait to watch this. If it's half as good as the Mandalorian, it will be great to watch. I'll happily re-subscribe to Disney+ when it comes out.

Read more stuff from CBR:

When interviewed by The Hollywood Reporter, McGregor revealed he "has done some screen tests with [Obi-Wan Kenobi director] Deborah [Chow] and other people, and I can see that she is a really, really good director." Of course, when asked if those screen tests included an actor cast as Luke, McGregor played coy, saying "That's very possible. I don't know."

Set between the events of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, the Obi-Wan Kenobi series will follow McGregor's Jedi Master during his period of exile on Tatooine, watching Luke grow up from afar. Reports of the show featuring a younger Luke first surfaced in Dec. 2019, based on an alleged casting grid. Later, in July 2020, the series was rumored to be casting a male and female actor around eight to eleven years old to play a pair of "precocious" twins, possibly even Luke and his sister Leia. So far, though, Lucasfilm has yet to announce any cast members for Obi-Wan Kenobi that fall within or close to that age bracket.

Read more from CBR:

"The costume is probably slightly different than you might expect, but to go back into the role, shall we say, is great," McGregor explained. "It's all still there, it feels good. It's great scripts and great people to work with and it's great, I'm having a great time."

Back