Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
On Christmas afternoon, users on Steam found that the digital network had malfunctioned which caused other people’s account information to show up in the store and settings. This issue lasted around an hour before Valve shut down Steam and fixed the problem though issues with Steam have lingered.

Valve broke everything down today, explaining that they’d been hit by multiple DoS attacks that have caused a wide variety of issues. In an attempt to thwart some of the attacks, Valve inadvertently caused a caching malfunction that exposed some users’ personal information.

Full break down here:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/19852/

So were you affected?

I didn't have time for games on Christmas day, so I didn't access my account then, but I really hope that Valve learned a lesson from this attack and improved their security, because it should take more than a small group of hackers to take down the biggest gaming site in the world...

I didn't have time for games on Christmas day, so I didn't access my account then, but I really hope that Valve learned a lesson from this attack and improved their security, because it should take more than a small group of hackers to take down the biggest gaming site in the world...

sounds like Valve did it to themselves really.

Back