Super Mario 3DS Name?

I disagree with all of you. I might be wrong, but I don't think that the new Mario 3DS game will be named Super Mario 3D. I think it will be named "Super Mario Tales" (as in "tails", because the game focuses on Mario's raccoon tail).

Although, as long as it's a good game, I wouldn't mind "Super Mario 3D"
dry.gif
-- the only problem is, people might get a little confused.
If I said "I'm playing Super Mario 3D", to someone, they MIGHT think I mean Super Mario 64, or Sunshine... or Galaxy................or Galaxy 2.

It will almost certainly be simply named "Super Mario". No Mario game to date has used this title and adding the suffix "3D" to the title would serve little to no purpose. Consider that the only reason that the word "3D" was added to Starfox 64 3D and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D was because these games were 3D re-releases despite being slightly enhanced. Since Super Mario for the 3DS is undoubtedly a new game, it is safe to say that Nintendo will likely stick with "Super Mario" for the title.

I'm 100% sure it will be called Super Mario 3DS. Thats the only name i've seen for it and on all the sites listing release dates, its release date is confirmed and there is no "working name" or "working title" or "tentative name" by it. So i'm pretty sure that it will be called Super Mario 3DS
wink.gif

I'm 100% sure it will be called Super Mario 3DS. Thats the only name i've seen for it and on all the sites listing release dates, its release date is confirmed and there is no "working name" or "working title" or "tentative name" by it. So i'm pretty sure that it will be called Super Mario 3DS
wink.gif

1. It can't be called "Super Mario 3DS", because that would be like calling Halo 3 "Halo 360". LOL.

2. The name is not final, as mentioned by Nintendo themselves. Even Iwata said at Nintendo's GDC press conference that the title "Super Mario" was only temporary.

Wait, release dates have been listed? When?
I think it will just be called Super Mario as well, or Super Mario 3DS. Keeping it simple. All sorts of promotional... things, have been released with Super Mario as the logo. Same with MarioKart.

Well... I wanted it to be called something like Super Mario Tales or Super Mario Roots, but instead we got Super Mario 3D Land...

Now don't get me wrong, Super Mario 3D Land is an ideal title. But I think I would've preferred something a little more fresh.

Back