Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from CBR:

Nintendo has confirmed it's Super Mario CG-animated movie will arrive in theaters in 2022.

The theatrical release date for Super Mario was first revealed in Nintendo's corporate management policy briefing for the fiscal year ending March 2021. Nintendo President Shuntaro Furukawa hosted a virtual live broadcast of the briefing due to coronavirus (COVID-19). During the "Visual Content Expansion" portion of the presentation, Shuntaro is stated, "Another way we are delivering Nintendo entertainment to a wider audience is with the Super Mario CG-animated movie, which is scheduled for theatrical release in 2022."

"Production is moving ahead smoothly, thanks to the collaboration between Chris Meledandri, founder and CEO of Illumination, known for the Minions movies, and Nintendo's Representative Director and Fellow, Shigeru Miyamoto, who is serving as co-producer," he continued. "The movie will be distributed worldwide by Universal Pictures."

Last edited:
I don't know if I'll go see this or not. I may wait for it to come out on dvd after it's release and just watch it at home. There may be too many youngsters in the theater to be able to watch it properly without any distractions. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against children regardless of who the child belongs to. I've just been to movies before where people let their kids talk through the entire movie or let their kids run up and down the isle.....it's quite distracting.

I don't know if I'll go see this or not. I may wait for it to come out on dvd after it's release and just watch it at home. There may be too many youngsters in the theater to be able to watch it properly without any distractions. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against children regardless of who the child belongs to. I've just been to movies before where people let their kids talk through the entire movie or let their kids run up and down the isle.....it's quite distracting.

maybe it will get a luigi's mansion short? :p

I am interested in watching Super Mario CG movie. Hopefully, it is good.

I saw that last night and I legit thought it was a fake post. Like the first line, "This is Miyamoto" just automatically set my brain to okay this is fake.

That kinda sucks though, but eh I can wait a little longer I guess.

Read from VGC:

Pratt explained that his voice won’t be an exact imitation of Charles Martinet typical Mario voice, but will instead be “updated”.

“I worked really closely with the directors and trying out a few things and landed on something that I’m really proud of and can’t wait for people to see and hear,” he said.

“It’s an animated voiceover narrative. It’s not a live-action movie. I’m not gonna be wearing a plumber suit running all over.

“I’m providing a voice for an animated character, and it is updated and unlike anything you’ve heard in the Mario world before.”

Pratt’s comments come a few days after the film’s co-producer, Illumination founder and CEO Chris Meledandri, also defended his lead actor’s performance as Mario.

“Chris was cast because we felt he could give a great performance as Mario,” Meledandri said, according to Variety. “And now that we’ve done about 15 recording sessions, and the movie is three-quarters done, I sit here and say that I love his performance as Mario.”

Back