Super Mario Movie

First Trailer:

We had two topics on this for some reason, merged.

Anyway, HOLY COW, how does jack black pull off such a great bowser?

Also Mario voice is lame.
My bad lol.

Yeah Pratt is laaame as Mario!

WHY DOES IT LOOK GOOD!? Like this probably the best looking any Illumination movie has ever looked. Also Jack Black is really good a Bowser. Chris Pratt... isn't the worst. At first I hated it, but at least it's not 100% Chris Pratt just doing his normal voice. Plus we didn't really get much of him talking so I can't really judge it. I also loved King Penguin. We may not have seen any of Peach, but I'll take KP.

I wonder if everyone who has complained about Mario's voice realized that Mario very rarely ever talked in the games.....

I wonder if everyone who has complained about Mario's voice realized that Mario very rarely ever talked in the games.....
Which is exactly why his voice must match Charles Martinet's Mario 100%. The rarity of Mario actually speaks, makes the voice really memorable and iconic.

French's VA of Mario in the movie is much better:

Which is exactly why his voice must match Charles Martinet's Mario 100%. The rarity of Mario actually talking makes the voice really memorable and iconic.

French's VA of Mario in the movie is much better:
Also Charles Martinet has range outside of doing Mario's voice. Even if they didn't want the normal voice, Charles still could have provided a suitable normal Mario voice just fine.

Also Charles Martinet has range outside of doing Mario's voice. Even if they didn't want the normal voice, Charles still could have provided a suitable normal Mario voice just fine.
Indeed! It's a bad move, casting Pratt instead of Charles.

Bowser's VA at Comic Con

Hope it will be good, any idea about who will be the voice actors and etc?
We haven't even seen all of them act yet. But maybe a trailer around the holidays.
  • Chris Pratt as Mario
  • Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach
  • Charlie Day as Luigi
  • Jack Black as Bowser
  • Keegan-Michael Key as Toad
  • Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong
  • Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek
  • Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong
  • Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike

Really impressed by the trailer, it doesn't look over the top and looks like it will be a pleasant story with some laughs. That's all i need!

Back