Supernatural

I love this show. It has its off, and on moments, but it's great overall. Have you seen the musical? How far are you into the series? 

I kinda enjoyed watching every single episode, but the concept of "shapeshifters" disgusts me.I can't possibly stomach the sight of human organs thrown here and there :(

I have to agree with you on the shapeshfter bit. That has always bothered me. It's more than a little disturbing, but then the whole show can get kind of gory in general. XD I think the creators enjoy being dramatic with the gross out effects. 

Well,I am not into gore and the fact that normal stuff doesn't work on vampires is pretty disturbing too.

Who would think that, chopping the head of a vampire is the only way to kill it? :(

Yeah. I can see why. I'm not a big fan either, but I can tolerate it so long as it's not over done, and there's a good plot surrounding it. Some things I just close my eyes to especially when I can see it coming. 

I've seen so many interpretations of vampires nothing really surprises me anymore. They were definitely going for a more modern take with them being more evolved. Which makes sense. Creatures evolve over time. Attacking the heart might have been a better way of going about it, but perhaps they were going with the brain? I don't know. They actually do that with a few of their more indestructible monsters, Leviathan, Abbadon, a couple others I can't think of. 

Whoa..that's something.Going for the brain huh? That's something new. For me,killing vampires using silver weapons or by using sunlight...sort of became a standard.

That's why I couldn't really digest it :grin: 

never really watched it, but hear its good.

@Claraviolet Vampires can be pretty freaky on their own so I can see why the Supernatural kind can be pretty disturbing. They are just about indestructible to everybody, but a good hunter. I mean taking a head shot isn't exactly easy, and the fact that they can just waltz around any time of day is kind of unsettling. Glad I won't be running into any of them anytime soon. XD 

@Demon It's definitely a show worth checking out if you have the time. A lot of episodes though, and it's good to watch it from the beginning if you do ever decide to. They make a lot of references.

@DearSweerAru,
Don't count on that.Haven't you heard of some humans who are very similar to vampires,in the news, now and then?
Just kidding :grin:

DearSweetAru said:
Haha. Now wouldn't that be something? 
I will take that, as a "yes".Even though they are similar to, what we call vampires,they aren't the same.

P.S.According to the legends vampires can fly.

I might have misunderstood you, but I think I got it now.

Yeah. Similar thankfully. Though some can be pretty freaky. Vlad the Impaler was definitely someone to be wary of along with the one countess who bathed in the blood of young maidens, she wasn't quite your typical class of vampire, but stories count her as one of them. Not sure if she ever drunk the blood. From most of what I've heard about those who practice vamperism they are more strange than dangerous. 

Oh man! I can't believe that.I bet that woman is just plain old normal!
People just cant leave others who are a bit different from them.

Honestly,I hate the sight of blood.For some reason,i can't stomach it.I don't like gore stuff either.For a horror maniac like me,this is my only weakness :(

Yeah. It's just the association with blood. She was pretty brutal with all her murdering, but she was human, and she was real. They've just changed her legend a bit to make her seem less so.

I do love horror too, more so than I realize sometime, and I'm kind of the same way. However, blood doesn't bother me as much, sometimes it does, especially the theatrical kind. Supernatural kind of just literally throws it everywhere. If there is a scene for blood it will most likely be a gusher. It's more entertaining than disturbing to me since it's not always realistic. I don't like unnecessary gore though that comes with many slasher films. 

I think Supernatural does do a good job with keeping up a balance between their gore, and their plot development. I will, however, never be a fan of neither their shapeshifters nor their leviathian. Those just gross me out. I still cringe whenever I think of Dean eating that burger. The whole arc was kind of unsettling.  

Yuck!  I remember that burger.

Man! That burger gives me the creeps.All that stupid white stuff oozing out....*sigh

I like the trickster though.I was quite shocked to know that he was an arc angel.

Yup. Still there. Uck.

Oh. I loved him. Gabriel was both hilarious, and adorable. I was surprised by him being an angel too, though to be honest, he made a better trickster. I think it was the season before this last one that they showed him again. It made me sad. How far are you anyways?

Castiel is my favorite angel. Meg's little unicorn. Those two are awesome together especially with how clueless he can be. 

I am about to complete the 9th season(last episode) :)

Right now,I am worried about dean a little.We don't know what he is going through because of the first blade.May be some sort of killer intent.
Also,poor cass and gad got caught in the heaven.

I won't give any spoilers to what happened, but it does get worse. That first blade stuff was crazy. Kind of like watching somebody at the height of using steroids. That scene with Abaddon really just showed how on the edge he was.

Yeah they both had it tough, but that's the thing if one appears on Supernatural, you either die, have a terrible life, or die repeatedly with having a terrible life. I was hoping Benny would stick around, but I guess technically he's not dead? I wonder if they'll bring him back.  

Back