Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
A rather important subject is going here on the states, our battle for continued free usage of the internet without limits. Please read and fill out some of the things below so that your USA based admin can keep running this site and visit others without fear:

To learn about Net Neutrality, why it's important, and/or want tools to help you fight for Net Neutrality, visit BattleForTheNet

You can support groups like the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the ACLU and Free Press who are fighting to keep Net Neutrality:

Set them as your charity on Amazon Smile here

Write to your House Representative here and Senators here

Write to the FCC here

Add a comment to the repeal here

Here's an easier URL you can use thanks to John Oliver

You can also use this to help you contact your house and congressional reps. It's easy to use and cuts down on the transaction costs with writing a letter to your reps

Also check this out, which was made by the EFF and is a low transaction cost tool for writing all your reps in one fell swoop.

Most importantly, VOTE. This should not be something that is so clearly split between the political parties as it affects all Americans, but unfortunately it is.

Our government would have to be pretty stupid to pass this. Though, there's a lot of stupid people in office now so we'll have to wait and see. If all else, we could exercise our right to over throw our government and impeach everyone there and start over with new people.

Though, on the other hand, I don't think I'd have an internet addiction anymore.

Our government would have to be pretty stupid to pass this. Though, there's a lot of stupid people in office now so we'll have to wait and see. If all else, we could exercise our right to over throw our government and impeach everyone there and start over with new people.

Though, on the other hand, I don't think I'd have an internet addiction anymore.

sadly those who we impeach would be replaced with even worse people.

Hopefully, enough people support Net Neutrality, and the government listen to them.

Consider that most of the world uses services located in the USA, owned by US companies, etc.
In Europe we used to have our own social media platforms in the past, but it got all taken over by YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and now Instagram too.

In Russia and far east Asia, there are still local services that hold strong within the region, like how Russia has Vkontakte (Russian Facebook), China has QQ (Chinese Google) and WeChat (Chinese WhatsApp), Japan has LINE (Japanese WhatsApp, also popular in South Korea and Taiwan), Lobi (for gamers), Nico Nico Douga (Japanese YouTube), 2ch (Japanese 4chan, but more mature), Pixiv (Japanese Deviantart), and such, etc.
A service that's somewhat more foreign but still incredibly popular in Japan is Mastodon, which is basically an open source and decentralised alternative to Twitter.

Meanwhile, Putin has already called Russian tech companies to make more local technologies, because the future of American tech is rather uncertain.
And seeing where it all goes, I have to say he's right.

I've heard of this quite many times before, but it's definitely true.
America has so much control over the world nowadays, even whenever America has any elections the whole world follows every single step of it, even if you try your hardest to avoid that.
All while if anyone else has elections, the American government gets involved in nearly all of those, but the American people barely know any of those are taking place at all, unless they hear it from locals of the country in question.

Back