Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So I figure I give an update on my progress. I have fully completed my map of Hyrule, I'm working on getting to the Great Fairy Fountains and farming and making some good things to help me out. Though I have yet to tackle any of the divine beasts yet though. Right now I'm trying to build up my rupees to buy a bunch of arrows and gather ancient materials to start getting the related armor.

I've also completed part 1 and 2 of the sword trials and hope to beat the final part soon to max the power on my Master Sword.

Man there is a lot to do in this game.

I myself don't own a Switch because they're just too darn expensive where I live, but a while back, a relative of mine from back in the U.S visited me with her Switch. She happened to bring along Breath of the Wild, and boy am I glad she did. We had a couple of gaming nights, and she honestly laughed at how eager I was to always play Breath of the Wild.

I'm not even that big of a Zelda fan. I played and finished A Link to the Past (and loved it) but most of the other entries didn't really interest me all that much. But Breath of the Wild is just...wow. I honestly think that it's up there with some of the greatest games of all time.

Minus the cruddy motion control puzzles for some shrines, it's honestly a perfect game, which is an unusual statement coming from me as I'm notoriously harsh on modern day video games. I'd dare to say that Breath of the Wild is worth the cost of a Switch alone.

I myself don't own a Switch because they're just too darn expensive where I live, but a while back, a relative of mine from back in the U.S visited me with her Switch. She happened to bring along Breath of the Wild, and boy am I glad she did. We had a couple of gaming nights, and she honestly laughed at how eager I was to always play Breath of the Wild.

I'm not even that big of a Zelda fan. I played and finished A Link to the Past (and loved it) but most of the other entries didn't really interest me all that much. But Breath of the Wild is just...wow. I honestly think that it's up there with some of the greatest games of all time.

Minus the cruddy motion control puzzles for some shrines, it's honestly a perfect game, which is an unusual statement coming from me as I'm notoriously harsh on modern day video games. I'd dare to say that Breath of the Wild is worth the cost of a Switch alone.

I agree, but I'm just enjoying the Wii U version.

The concept of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is very interesting, the topic is based on the characters from this game has certain challenges to face in the open field, you have to use all the strategies to survive this interests me when you can go to jug AR.

Once I buy a Switch, (maybe this coming Christmas?) this will be the first game I’ll get. Maybe I should just get the console that is bundled with this game. I’ve been a huge fan of RPG games since I was a kid and this was a game of the year too.

So, jumping ahead of time, what will be your next game after this?

So, jumping ahead of time, what will be your next game after this?

Not sure, I just beat the third divine beast and I'm pretty sure I will clear all of the Gurdo section this week, most likely do side stuff next week and finish the game near the end of July. After that I'm thinking something short.

So the whole champions ballad wasn't really interesting me so I went ahead and just finished the game tonight!

Overall I did enjoy it, but I however did not enjoy it as a Zelda game. First and foremost, it felt like they rehashed the OoT story line into this game, which at a point they realized that after making such a large and huge world that they needed a story and just threw something in there. The game was also severely lacking in a lot of great melodies that past games were known for, something I hope they fix in future titles.

I also like how I collect everything and buffed myself to near ultimate power but have so little to actually use it someone. Even Ganon becomes a push over with all the power I get.

But its still a decent game very well worth playing!

So the whole champions ballad wasn't really interesting me so I went ahead and just finished the game tonight!

Overall I did enjoy it, but I however did not enjoy it as a Zelda game. First and foremost, it felt like they rehashed the OoT story line into this game, which at a point they realized that after making such a large and huge world that they needed a story and just threw something in there. The game was also severely lacking in a lot of great melodies that past games were known for, something I hope they fix in future titles.

I also like how I collect everything and buffed myself to near ultimate power but have so little to actually use it someone. Even Ganon becomes a push over with all the power I get.

But its still a decent game very well worth playing!
Honestly, I barely even remember Champion's Ballad. I just remember the first part, the boss of it, and the reward. The middle is just super hazy. I wouldn't say Champion' Ballad was bad, but it wasn't what I hoped it would be.

I kind of liked the quietness. It felt like actually being outside and then the town themes were pretty good. My favorite being Tarrey Town. I also really liked the Hyrule Castle theme, but that might be because it had a portion of Ballad of the Windfish from Link's Awakening and that's one of my favorite Zelda songs. Piano 01 was also pretty good (that's official name, I know because I listen to it while writing. It's just so peaceful.)

I kind of like how Ganon becomes a bit of a pushover, though I still had some trouble. It made me feel like I got stronger because some of those bosses in the Divine Beasts were nightmares. Also it feels good to start with nothing and feeling like the most powerful person in the world, which makes sense being the hero and all.

I'm just so upset that I'll never be able to play this game for the first time ever again.

The Champion's Ballad was about 80% recycled content unfortunately. As said, first part is interesting, dungeon and boss is interesting, stuff in the middle is just more of the same. Which is admittedly good if you're a fan of that sort of thing.

And yes, I'm also disappointed I'll never be able to play this game for the first time ever again. The first time playing was absolutely magical, and it felt like there was something to see and do round every corner.

Just Read on siliconera, on famitsu's interview with producer and director of ZBOTW on its official timeline:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Has Been Added To The Series’ Official Timeline

A new version of The Legend of Zelda series’ timeline is now available on the Japanese Zelda series portal. It places The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at the very end, but not connected to any of the three timelines. Instead, the game is separated, but still at the very end.

Famitsu asked series producer Eiji Aonuma, and Breath of the Wild director Hidemaro Fujibayashi what the changes meant, and this was their reply:

Eiji Aonuma, series producer: “Well of course it’s at the very end. But, I get what you’re asking, it’s which timeline is it the end of?”

Hidemaro Fujibayashi, director: “That’s… up to the player’s imagination, isn’t it?”

Aonuma: “Hyrule’s history changes with time. When we think of the next game and what we want to do with it, we might think, “Oh, this’ll fit well”, and place it neatly into the timeline, but sometimes we think, “Oh crap”, and have to change the placement. Actually, the decided history has been tweaked many times.” (laughs)

Fujibayashi: “Lately within the company, a term called ‘New Translation’ has cropped up. (laughs) Strictly speaking, we don’t change it, but rather new information and truths come to light.”

Famitsu: I see, so the way to interpret the lore of Breath of the Wild is still up for academic debate. (laughs)

Fujibayashi: “That’s why you should pay attention to future studies as well! Please look forward to it.” (laughs)

As an aside, another change in timeline positioning was made in the Fallen Hero timeline. Link’s Awakening now officially takes place before the Oracle games, rather than afterwards, shutting down the theory that Link from A Link to the Past died at sea.

Just Read on siliconera, on famitsu's interview with producer and director of ZBOTW on its official timeline:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Has Been Added To The Series’ Official Timeline

A new version of The Legend of Zelda series’ timeline is now available on the Japanese Zelda series portal. It places The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at the very end, but not connected to any of the three timelines. Instead, the game is separated, but still at the very end.

Famitsu asked series producer Eiji Aonuma, and Breath of the Wild director Hidemaro Fujibayashi what the changes meant, and this was their reply:

Eiji Aonuma, series producer: “Well of course it’s at the very end. But, I get what you’re asking, it’s which timeline is it the end of?”

Hidemaro Fujibayashi, director: “That’s… up to the player’s imagination, isn’t it?”

Aonuma: “Hyrule’s history changes with time. When we think of the next game and what we want to do with it, we might think, “Oh, this’ll fit well”, and place it neatly into the timeline, but sometimes we think, “Oh crap”, and have to change the placement. Actually, the decided history has been tweaked many times.” (laughs)

Fujibayashi: “Lately within the company, a term called ‘New Translation’ has cropped up. (laughs) Strictly speaking, we don’t change it, but rather new information and truths come to light.”

Famitsu: I see, so the way to interpret the lore of Breath of the Wild is still up for academic debate. (laughs)

Fujibayashi: “That’s why you should pay attention to future studies as well! Please look forward to it.” (laughs)

As an aside, another change in timeline positioning was made in the Fallen Hero timeline. Link’s Awakening now officially takes place before the Oracle games, rather than afterwards, shutting down the theory that Link from A Link to the Past died at sea.
Interesting. When I made a video about Breath of the Wild's placement in the timeline, I theorized that it was at the end of the timeline, but the three timelines became one. Like the Goddesses were able to make it so that the timelines merged which is why there were pieces from every game regardless of their placement in the timeline.

Well your theory on the three timelines became one could also be right, with that "up to the player's imagination", unless they have officially said that it's not, which they haven't.

I'm debating whether or not I want to get this game on my Switch. I know they made this for the Wii U as well but I didn't bother getting it for that console. I knew my hubby was going to get me a Switch at some point so I figured that if I was going to get this game it would be for the Switch instead of the Wii U.

Back