The Political Compass (Are you Lefty or Righty?)

AegisReflector

Nuddles
Awards
Credits
I'm guessing a majority of you have pretty solid Leftist beliefs (from what I've seen), but just to make sure, take the ultimate Political Compass test!

http://www.politicalcompass.org/index --> Click on "Take the Test" at the left.

Here's what I got:

zl6s9k.png

I don't really consider myself a hardcore liberal (since I oppose the gay culture, for one) but whatever floats their boat.

I'm a lefty, no surprise. But centered in the middle when it comes to my 'fascism/authoritarian' and 'anarchism/libertarian'

http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-3.88&soc=-0.21

I don't really consider myself a hardcore liberal (since I oppose the gay culture, for one) but whatever floats their boat.
That's kinda sad...There's nothing wrong with gays. Can't see why you'd be opposed.
Anyways...

RESULTS!

http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=-4.00&soc=-3.59
That's the equivalent to a Social Deomcrat, wahoo!

I took this test awhile back, I can't remember my results. I'm pretty sure I was near the center, perhaps with an authoritarian-right edge.

But I share both liberal and conservative views. For example, I support the death penalty but also abortion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take the test, but I don't understand half the questions. A lot of it is stuff I'd need to research and think about before I could really say whether I agree or disagree.

I support the death penalty but also abortion.

At least you're consistent.

I'm all over the place. As a kid I was quite obnoxiously right-wing, but I've moderated somewhat since then.

My views now are basically an extension of 'treat others as you would like to be treated', and whatever is the most pragmatic compromise between the greater good and individual freedom. Some policies might be classed as left-wing or right-wing, I am more concerned by how they are implemented and whether they actually work or not.

Beyond that I'm not a monarchist, a communist, or an anarchist. Democracy by proportional representation via the single transferable vote is the best system I know of.

Ultimately I think the effect politics has on our lives can be overestimated. I think technological advancement, cultural attitudes, and globalisation play a greater role in whether we're going to live in peace and prosperity, or chaos and poverty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I found these questions rather dodgy:

Those with the ability to pay should have the right to higher standards of medical care .

This one bugs me because it makes no distinction between people who think there should only be private health care or that public health care should be kept low quality (republicans) and those who think there should be excellent quality public health care, but the right to decide whether to get such care from a private company OR the government. Doesn't bother me that private companies for this exist, just that there should also be excellent free health care.

I have a feeling their 'intended' left wing response was 'disagree' and their 'intended' right wing response was 'agree'. But that's a one dimensional mindset.

People are ultimately divided more by class than by nationality.

This one sounds sort of ... nationalist? It also implies the left wing response is to assume class is a bigger dividing factor, which when compared to the differences between 'first world' and 'third world' countries, is patently false.

No broadcasting institution, however independent its content, should receive public funding.

Interesting. Interesting considering that actually most well known UK Tv channels were actually started by the government, to some extent. ITV and Channel 4 were actually originally started by government acts or something, in the former's case to be competition to the BBC (and commercial), and the latter's case for some reason I can't remember.

Only the BBC receives public funding from the license fee, but keep in mind they likely all once received public funding in some form.

Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all.

I really dislike a lot of abstract art. This also has absolutely nothing to do with your political views.

Some people are naturally unlucky.

I wonder what this question means politically. To some degree, some people are 'naturally' unlucky, you could have... less than optimal genes, or be constantly ill, or need to live in a bubble due to a non working immune system, or have various life changing disabilities.

Does that count as naturally unlucky? You can be brought up in a bad social environment without any opportunities, which is sort of unlucky regardless of one's actions.

I do however emphasise we should help everyone, that everyone has equal rights, that people can live their lives how they choose... It's just I don't like this question much. Heck, it's not really a fair question scientifically, the 'correct' answer is a bit of both sides, people can be unlucky by default but still fight their way to the top and become successful in life.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-1.38&soc=-3.90

Libertarian master race reporting in.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=2.88&soc=-3.44

Back