These fake consoles are getting scarily good (fake DS)

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Looks more like a refurbished ds to me, rather than a fake one. the seller might have just happened to leave that detail out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks more like a refurbished ds to me, rather than a fake one. the seller might have just happened to leave that detail out.
"I thought; maybe this "new" DS Lite unit is actually refurbished and packaged in an off-brand box.

This is a human trait known as "rationalization," and it is a way that we lie to ourselves when we really wish to justify something we desperately want even though we know it's wrong. I really want to own a green DS, for instance, but clearly this one wasn't cricket." From the article.

I would be so pissed if i got that in the mail!

Not fake..just a custom DSlite. I'd be happy to get one of these, they look nicer.

Not fake..just a custom DSlite. I'd be happy to get one of these, they look nicer.
If it's custom, then why all of the physical defects? And if Nintendo already makes/made green Lites, why would someone bother to make their own if not to scam someone? PERHAPS they just wanted to change the color of the plastic shell, but it seems that the shell was not the only the oddity.

At least the system works, so a decent amount of effort went into the system even if it isn't legitimate.

It's a shell replacement..some people are better at assembling them than others..

Well,i would want it as long as it works as good as a normal one.

I'm pretty sure it was just used and the seller tried to repair it as best he could.

But seriously, if it still can play games fine, then what's the problem?

I'm pretty sure it was just used and the seller tried to repair it as best he could.

It'd be like getting a 3DS right now, but finding out it's not Nintendo made. To a few gamers they want the real thing.

It'd be like getting a 3DS right now, but finding out it's not Nintendo made. To a few gamers they want the real thing.

Buy it at the store then...i mean...they usually provide a picture of hat you are buying. Also, it is still Nintendo made...it's just the outer shell that got replaced.

Back