Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
mylife.png

but it puts money into the bank every week.

Honestly, this wouldn't be too bad of a question compared to some of the other questions people usually get asked about computers and stuff LMAO :grin:

wait, really?! maaaaan c'mon now, I sure hope you dont deal with people like that at your job. haha

Seriously?
But there are people who don't how stuff work. They assume lots of stuff....sometimes it's annoying but they can't help it, I suppose

I love being able to see my password as I type it. My passwords are usually very complex. lol

I dealt with mostly impatient/rude assholes. I used to work customer service/special services at Home Depot. $14 an hour x 40 hours a week was NOT worth it.

so long as I live with someone, yes. Alone, no unless I extremely cutback which means this forum will be placed on the chopping block.
I'm sorry man. :( I guess I'm lucky to be able to live with my g/f and we can both pay the bills.

The average person does not understand technology at all. The older generations tend to struggle with it more. I'm not saying every single older person does, but most of them do struggle with it to some degree. They can't be bothered to learn or they do the bare minimum and just expect everyone to cater/explain to them.

It gets even worse when you add tech-ignorance and customer service together. People have no problems at all being right cunts to customer service reps. (Often for no reason at all.) But add in a person's unwillingness to listen/understand on top of a penchant for getting abusive towards those trying to help and who are oft unable to do much in response... yeah not fun.
(I say unable to do much because in many cases the service reps are not allowed to refuse to help or even raise their voice slightly despite whatever abuse is hurled at them. In some cases it has to get to levels where police would be called before a service rep can actually refuse.)

I'm sorry man. :( I guess I'm lucky to be able to live with my g/f and we can both pay the bills.

always remember my coin rule, where there is your situation, then there is mine. Alone and barely able to pay the bills.

The average person does not understand technology at all. The older generations tend to struggle with it more. I'm not saying every single older person does, but most of them do struggle with it to some degree. They can't be bothered to learn or they do the bare minimum and just expect everyone to cater/explain to them.

It gets even worse when you add tech-ignorance and customer service together. People have no problems at all being right cunts to customer service reps. (Often for no reason at all.) But add in a person's unwillingness to listen/understand on top of a penchant for getting abusive towards those trying to help and who are oft unable to do much in response... yeah not fun.
(I say unable to do much because in many cases the service reps are not allowed to refuse to help or even raise their voice slightly despite whatever abuse is hurled at them. In some cases it has to get to levels where police would be called before a service rep can actually refuse.)

uhhhnn, funny you mention this VZ. Had this guy in today who had to get a new PC.

Guy: I need help logging into all my stuff.

Me: no problem, what is it exactly?

Guy: everything.

Me: okay, what is everything?

Guy: all my stuff

Me: *internal scream* so you need...

I basically had to list off everything a person would have for me to figure out what he needed. Then he didn't know his email password, so that was a long call to his ISP.

Back